Sony Australia showed off its latest VAIO X series notebook yesterday at a press launch in Sydney. Although no technical specifications were revealed -- and we tried to sneak a look at them -- we were lucky enough to get our hands on a production model.
Notebooks & PCs - Slideshows
Snow Leopard’s Finder and Windows 7’s Explorer have strikingly similar interfaces, with quick-search fields in the upper-right corner, path bars (OS X’s is optional and can be switched on in the View menu), and sidebars that provide easy access to various common locations on your computer.
Save 15 per cent off TVs at JB Hi-Fi, buy a cheap small business PC or catch a deal on a budget printer
Sony today took the first step into the netbook market, introducing the Vaio W line of mini laptops.
Since the general beta release, Windows 7 has been through the testing ringer and has come out with mostly high marks for its speed, flexibility, user interface (UI) and networking features.
For many computer users, Apple has defined the personal computer industry, driven technology innovation, and changed the perception of personal computing.
Toshiba today launched what we think is the sexiest 10.1in netbook on the market: the copper-coloured Toshiba NB200. This little netbook is aimed at the premium end of the market, where style and form are just as important as portability and functionality.
Dell today announced the first ruggedised netbook the company has designed specifically with students in mind: the Latitude 2100.
The Toshiba Portege R600 is the lightest fully fledged notebook on the market at just 950 grams. It’s also deceptively strong and durable. In this slideshow we go beneath its exterior and expose the components that make it tick and the design tricks that go into making something that's so light yet so strong.
ASUS is responsible for introducing the netbook to the PC market as an affordable and simple laptop solution for students. Since the release of the original Eee PC, almost every major PC vendor has released competing models -- many taking alternate design paths.
The evolution of mini-laptops
Dell's Adamo notebook is sure to catch the eye of style gurus.
The 10.2in Kogan Agora Netbook Pro will be available for $539, and runs the gOS Linux distribution.
Apple today announced an upgrade to its flagship notebook, the 17in MacBook Pro. The notebook boasts the same unibody enclosure found in the new MacBook line-up and the 15in MacBook Pro, as well as overhauled hardware specifications.
Planning on hitting the jackpot soon? From a gargantuan HDTV to your own flying car, here are nine new tech toys you'll want to decorate your life.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
- Microsoft plants flagship store on Sydney’s Pitt Street
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
- Lenovo debuts Yoga Tablet 2 Pro with 13-inch screen and projector
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCSSIS / SSRS DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem Support Analyst, ERPNSW
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPSupport Engineer (Security Tools)VIC
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- TPLevel 1-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Initial 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCConsultant - Hogan Health CheckQLD
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - SharePoint developerQLD
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager (Applications) - 2 positionsQLD
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTProject Coordinator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC