Oppo makes phones that are both great value and great on their own. Recently we've been impressed with the very pretty Oppo R9s and the larger, does-it-all Oppo R9s Plus. The latter competes with the best, flagship phones on the market but costs much less money.
Smartphones - Slideshows
Technology companies from all over the world descended on Barcelona, Spain for Mobile World Congress 2016. We were there to show you the best of the product releases from companies large and small. Photos by Chris Player who travelled to MWC as a guest of Huawei Australia.
Tech giant showcases TVs, devices, wearables and a raft of new home gadgets at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
Following the formation of AUSSAT by the Australian Government in 1981, a government owned company designed to own and operate the national satellite system, Australia’s first two satellites are launched in 1985, providing domestic satellite services, in particular remote & rural TV broadcasting.
The iPhone is a useful tool for businesses, and there are some excellent tools available to help you be more productive. Check out a selection of iPhone business apps from the iTunes App Store.
Check out the following slides for a list of nine valuable applications for the BlackBerry Torch 9800. Best of all: You’ll never have to open your wallet; all of these BlackBerry apps are free.
There was plenty of phones, even more slides, a list of important speakers and some glamour and hullabaloo as Microsoft launched Windows Phone 7 in AUstralia.
For the newest iPhone, Apple focused visually on sleek new styling with stainless steel banding, and a dramatically improved display. Under the covers, you'll find improved battery life, and managed multitasking for applications. Apple also introduced video calls or chat, initially over Wi-Fi.
Keep all your travel details readily accessible with WorldMate Live, an itinerary manager packed with useful features for frequent travelers. All you have to do is forward your airplane, hotel or car rental confirmation e-mails to WorldMate; the service parses out the relevant details and makes it all easily available.
The keyboard on the Motorola Droid makes that smartphone great for cranking out e-mail while you're on the move. The HTC Desire and Google Nexus One are good choices, too, if you don’t mind typing on glass. Why not make your workday more pleasant and productive with some great business apps for Android? To get you going, we've selected ten of the best and most useful apps for your Android smartphone; all are available at the Android Market.
Ah, the heady days of the late 1990s, when every dot-com stock was a guaranteed winner and when every day trader worth his salt carried around a Palm Pilot personal to keep track of all their information.
While the frivolous iPhone apps usually get most of the media attention (yes, there really are over 175 apps that can produce rude bodily noises), there are quite a few apps that can help you do your job as an IT worker. While less notorious, they are worth your time to download and check out.
CES may have "consumer" right in its name, but this year's show featured plenty of hot new products aimed squarely at small and midsized businesses.
Google's Nexus One, built by Taiwan's HTC, offers much of what one expects in a high-end 3G smartphone. Yet is it enough, and good enough, to give the iPhone 3GS a run for the money? Initial reviews like its design, speed and integration with the Web. With a two-year T-Mobile contract (at $US80 per month), Nexus costs $US179 (or $530 unlocked). A CDMA version is due with Verizon Wireless in Spring 2010. In this slideshow, we focus on some of the key differences, comparing the two smartphones in terms of their published specifications, with some comments from (and links to) early reviews and assessments of the Nexus.
Apple doesn't want you to use them, but the following 21 apps today run only on jailbroken iPhones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google wants to solve the Android update problem once and for all with Project Treble
- Intel concerned about name of John McAfee’s privacy phone
- Low-cost Android phones to get iPhone features with new Qualcomm chips
- Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 is coming in phones midyear
- Apple's next iPhones may cut corners on memory due to price squeeze
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer - Contract till June 2018QLD
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment and Trading PlatformNSW
- CCSenior Magento DeveloperVIC
- TPNetwork and Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCProgram ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Digital BANSW
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- TPFront End .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- CCTRIM TrainerACT
- TPProject Manager - Change ManagementQLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCMDM DesignerVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerACT
- FTApplication System EngineerACT