Today's economy isn't doing anyone any favors, and if you're one of the unfortunate folks to have been served a layoff notice, you might be facing a long haul when it comes to searching for another job.
The Business Centre - Features
The weeks following the release of Research In Motion's first touch screen BlackBerry, the Storm 9500, were unfortunately filled with complaints from users, reviewers and critics alike regarding the extremely poor quality operating system that shippe...
You can save a few hundred bucks a year by unplugging electronics that aren't in use. Get the lowdown on costs, plus some products to help you cut back on kilowatt consumption.
Steve Jobs has apparently delivered his last Macworld Expo keynote speech.
It's not all bits and bytes
Protesters held rallies across Australian capital cities today to oppose the government's national clean feed Internet scheme, which will impose blanket content filtering for all web connections
If the next generation of Internet startups presenting at Le Web 08 conference in Paris have their way, the Web of the future could look like one big social-networking site.
When you're on the road, camping out in a bland hotel room, there's something truly comforting about seeing your spouse, kids, or other loved ones in a live video chat.
With the Christmas season in full swing, manufacturers and retailers are beginning to offer bundle deals to make their high-end products more attractive to put under the tree.
When Research In Motion's first touchscreen device, the BlackBerry Storm, came out a few weeks ago, many BlackBerry fans hoped to see a viable challenger to Apple's wildly popular iPhone. According to critics and fans alike, what they got instead wa...
With netbooks selling well in the run up to the holidays, I took a look at three of the latest entries into the fray, Hewlett-Packard's Mini 1000, Lenovo's IdeaPad S10 and BenQ's Joybook Lite U101.
Nokia N97 takes aim at Apple's iPhone
Nokia's new flagship phone, the touchscreen N97, features a large memory and advanced location-aware features.
When Microsoft, Mozilla or Apple comes out with a new version of Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari, it makes news -- mainly because most of us use one or more of these three Web browsers. In fact, with the exception of Google's Chrome (which made ...
Get a great laptop this Christmas!There's no doubt that one of the most functional and affordable tech gifts this Christmas season is a netbook. This is a laptop category that was virtually created by ASUS and its Eee PC, and since then almost every ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- Foxconn said to offer $27B for Toshiba's memory chip business
- WikiLeaks: CIA used bits of Carberp Trojan code for malware deployment
- 3 ways to break your smartphone addiction and get back to work
- Good-bye Internet pioneers. Hello, Oath?
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer - RANVIC
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- FTChange CoordinatorACT
- TPIteration Lead - .NetQLD
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW