Artist Rob Pettit creates mobile phone art to highlight the proliferation and waste of mobile phones
The Business Centre - Features
High Tech Computer (HTC) unveiled its second Google Android-based smartphone, the HTC Magic
Finding a single development environment for all purposes has so far proven an unattainable goal. But with the advent of rich Internet applications (RIA), development nirvana gets a bit closer.
Have you been left in the cold by Google's Notebook service closure? Well, that's too bad, but there is hope - two information management services are inviting estranged Notebook users to become friends. Battling it out for your attention, I present ...
Twenty-five years ago, a writer named Andrew Fluegelman became the editor of a new magazine--this one. He was already something of a celebrity in the wider world of personal computing as the father of "freeware," a concept that he had popularized, st...
Social networks are fun to use, helpful for job hunting, and great for keeping in touch with friends, business contacts, and relatives. The downside: The bad guys know you're using these networks like crazy, and they're gunning for you.
Your PC's operating system is under constant threat of invasion, whether the attacker's aim is to spread malicious malware or to convince you to buy protective software that is really just a rip-off. Here's how to stand guard.
The just-released Release Candidate 1 (RC1) of Internet Explorer 8 is a fast, stable browser, tweaked for productivity and security, with few obvious changes over the previous Beta 2 release.
Timing is good for consumer electronics vendors that are interested in selling green technology.
Getting started with Linux can be an intimidating task, particularly for people who have never tried any operating system besides Windows. In truth, however, very little about Linux is actually difficult to use. It's simply a different OS, with its o...
Icons for trial software and Web services, colorfully known as "crapware," cover new Windows desktops like pockmarks on the face of a Hollywood villain.
The Mac has been the flagship product for Apple since it was introduced in 1984 and continues to be so today, despite the fawning over the iPhone platform. From the time the Apple IIGS died out in the early '90s until the introduction of the iPod in ...
The largest single type of security breach is the stolen or lost laptop, according to the Open Security Foundation, yet these computers are among the least protected of all IT assets. The costs of a data breach can be huge, including the loss of trad...
Apple may be loosening restrictions that have so far blocked Web browsers save its own Safari from the iPhone, according to a number of Web news sites. But at least some of the newly approved applications appear to be Safari plug-ins, rather than tru...
First, a disclaimer, just in case you weren't sure: I'm not Steve Jobs's doctor. And I believe that all of us who aren't responsible for his medical well-being are in no position to have an informed opinion about it--and that to deal in rumor on the ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to secure your CMS without patching
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Apple will return heat generated by data center to warm up homes
- Foxconn said to offer $27B for Toshiba's memory chip business
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCPalo Alto Network Security ExpertQLD
- FTDelivery Manager - Agile / Scrum / DigitalOther
- FTTest AnalystOther
- CCTechnical Product ManagerQLD
- FTProject Finance / Finance Coordinator (NSW Government)Other
- FTSenior Java Developer, FX, Low Latency, Pricing, TradingOther
- FTOrganizational Change ManagerACT
- FTICT Project Support OfficerOther
- TPData AnalystACT
- FTProject Manager - OSS / Networks (Telco)Other
- FTNetwork Engineer - Level 2ACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCTechnical business supportNSW
- CCDatabase SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantOther
- FTBusiness Development Lead - Digital StrategistOther
- CCJunior - Mid-level Devops Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- CCTalend Open Studio Data Integration ConsultantNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop Support AnalystOther
- FTService Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Cloud Platform EngineerOther
- CCIT Service Desk SupportNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)Other
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD