The original Nexus 7 was merely a bargain, a good-enough tablet at a great price. The new Nexus 7 is a downright steal. It's the best 7in tablet, period. If you're in the market for an Android tablet, this is the one to get.
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
Lenovo's ThinkPad Tablet 2 is one of the thinnest and lightest Windows 8 devices on the market. It's a 10.1in tablet that weighs just 558g and it runs an Intel Atom Z2760 CPU. But what's it good for?
Google's new Chromecast device wants to make it dead-simple to play Internet video on your TV, using a huge range of phones, tablets, and laptops as your controller.
After a myriad of leaks over the past few weeks, Google's new Nexus 7 was officially unveiled overnight. Retaining the same name as its predecessor, the new 7in tablet features a slightly different design but has a host of upgraded specifications, he...
The Acer Iconia A1-810 is a low-cost, 7.9in Android tablet that shares many similarities to the Apple iPad mini. There's a few compromises including a below average screen and a thick design, but the Iconia A1 performs reasonably well overall and pro...
It's the most unconventional notebook on the market, but Acer doesn't really want you thinking of it as a notebook. Instead, you should think of it as a home entertainment device that can be used as a tablet, and maybe only sometimes as a normal note...
Sony's new water resistant Xperia Tablet Z is definitely a head turner, with the company claiming it's the thinnest 10in tablet on the market. The Xperia Tablet Z's design is impressive but it also has an excellent screen and good battery life, and i...
The Acer Aspire P3 Windows 8 Ultrabook is predominantly a tablet that is slim, sturdy and feels good to hold. It's got a potent configuration packed in behind its screen, which includes an Intel Core i5 CPU and fast solid state storage. Basically, yo...
With the LG Tab-Book, you get an 11.6in, Windows 8-based hybrid device that is more tablet than it is notebook. Its touchscreen sits above the keyboard and base of the unit, and it springs up to expose the keyboard easier than most other devices that...
The 7in ASUS Fonepad adds smartphone calling capabilities to a traditional tablet form factor. It's a reasonable tablet overall but is just too large to be used effectively as a smartphone and also lacks 4G connectivity.
Despite retaining many of the aspects that made the larger version one of the best keyboard accessories on the market, the Ultrathin Keyboard mini is just too small to comfortably type on for long periods.
ASUS has unveiled its new Transformer Pad Infinity, a top of the line Android tablet with a 10.1in 2560x1600 IPS screen. It's an upgrade to last year's model with the same name and also has the ability to output 4K content via a HDMI port.
The ASUS MeMo Pad HD 7 is a very similar device to the Nexus 7 but with the addition of a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera. It will become one of the cheapest tablets on the market.
HP is back in the tablet game with the Slate 7. It's a low-priced 7in Android tablet targeted squarely at consumers. The Slate 7's competitive price tag makes it worth an initial look, but looks can be deceiving as it's let down by an extremely ordin...
Standzout's $100 Standzfree Telescoping Floor Stand for iPad is a tall, upright stand that lets you get your iPad off your desk or table and position it virtually anyplace in your home or office.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- CCTechnical ConsutlantACT
- CCTest Analyst - Oracle CC&BVIC
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- FTTeam Leader Application SupportVIC
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- FTSolution Architect (Voice/DATA/Network)SA
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsVIC
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystACT
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD