HP's business-centric ElitePad 1000 G2 tablet picks up the ball where it was dropped by the ElitePad 900. It has a more powerful processor at the helm, along with a larger allotment of RAM, it runs the 64-bit version of Windows 8.1, and it now has a ...
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
Samsung's flagship tablet leads the market with a stunning display and adds an innovative finger scanner to the everyday slate. Almost everything about the Tab S is perfect. Almost.
Toshiba’s Satellite L30W is designed for those of you who have a need for a big tablet. It’s a 13.3in tablet at its core, but it ships in the shape of a notebook, which means it’s another of those 2-in-1 devices that allows you to pick one form facto...
Xiaomi has made a name for itself in the global market by delivering premium products without the discriminatory price tag. Now the Chinese company is entering the tablet market with the MiPad, a 7.9in tablet with a high resolution screen, powerful G...
Asus has just released an introductory version of its Transformer hybrid, the Transformer Pad (TF103C). The Intel powered Android tablet comes with a functional keyboard, but is it worth buying a hybrid when you can get the real deal?
50,000 in less than four minutes: that’s how quickly Xiaomi's first tablet, the MiPad, ran out of stock. It is now being shipped in limited numbers and Good Gear Guide has gone hands-on ahead of our detailed review.
The Galaxy Tab S is everything we’ve wanted from a Galaxy tablet realised. Superfluous features have been ditched in favour of a greater focus on improving the basics. Samsung’s heritage is in the television market and it takes but a moment to realis...
Since the release of Intel's Atom Bay Trail platform, lightweight Windows-based tablets have received a much-needed boost in speed and endurance. We noticed that first in mostly consumer offerings, such as the ASUS T100 and Toshiba Encore. Lenovo has...
Asus' introductory tablet looks great and has a solid set of features. A $229 price makes it accessible to the masses, but we do worry the Intel-powered tablet might not be for everyone.
With the Surface Pro 3, Microsoft is gunning for the notebook market. The new device is thinner, lighter, and better balanced than the Surface Pro 2, and it has a focus on providing a better typing experience when an optional keyboard cover is attach...
Serial innovator, Asus, is at it again in Computex. The company unveiled its Asus Transformer Book V product, which is a 12.5in laptop that is actually much more than a laptop.
Lenovo’s latest tablet for corporate users makes use of the Intel Atom (Bay Trail) platform and is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 8.1. It’s a tablet with a 10in form factor and it has a 10-point, multi-touch display that uses...
Microsoft’s acquisition of Nokia has gone through just as Nokia’s first tablet, the Lumia 2520, made its way to Telstra’s shelves. The 10.1-inch tablet will be one of the last products released by the Nokia we know and love. And although it comes wit...
Samsung has super-sized its latest Galaxy NotePro tablet to 12.2-inches. The new size aligns almost perfectly with that of a paper, and it goes oh-so-well with the company's S-Pen stylus. The question remains: is it worth paying more than $1000 for t...
Sony has spent the last three years honing the design and function of its Xperia range. The spec sheet of the company’s latest tablet, the Xperia Z2 Tablet, reveals it is thinner, lighter and more powerful than its rivals. But what sacrifices has Son...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- CCOIM-IAM Environment ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMSA
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC
- FTProject Coordinator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- FTApplication Support Lead - Health ApplicationsNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMVIC
- FTDrupal Web DeveloperACT