We've long berated Android tablets for being "me too" devices. Aside from a few small differences, most of these tablets have the same sized screen with the same resolution, run virtually identical software, and have a very similar feature set and us...
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
Amazon has refined the Kindle several times since its Australian debut, and each time the e-reader du jour has become increasingly attractive to potential buyers. This iteration of the popular e-book reader -- by our count it’s the fourth generation ...
Apple has adopted a one-size fits all approach with its iPad 2, but there seems to be a demand for smaller, compact tablets. Acer has responded with the Iconia A100, a smaller and lighter version its 10.1in Iconia A500 Android tablet.
Toshiba is expanding its Android tablet fleet following its announcement of the Toshiba 7" Tablet (AT1S0) -- a smaller, 7in version of the 10.1in Tablet (AT100).
Rumours were flying around for months about Amazon launching a tablet and the US giant has finally delivered. The Kindle Fire is a 7in tablet running a customised version of Android and is Amazon's attempt at shaking up the Apple-dominated tablet mar...
It seems Samsung is intent on producing a tablet device with every screen size imaginable. Not content with 10.1in, 8.9in and 7in screen sizes — along with the 5.3in, part smartphone, part tablet Galaxy Note — the company has now announce...
Lenovo's ThinkPad Tablet is the first Android tablet aimed squarely at the corporate environment. Though it still provides all the consumer features Android tablets are well regarded for, the ThinkPad Tablet's included digitiser pen, optional keyboar...
Apple has blocked it from going on sale in Australia, and Samsung postponed the launch event, but we did some probing and were lucky enough to get our hands on the hotly-anticipated Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet before its official release in Austra...
The Kogan eBook reader has an excellent 6in e-Ink display with a useful capacitive touchscreen. Combined with its diverse file format support, the touchscreen makes the Kogan eBook reader powerful and easy to use. However, it's not quick to operate d...
Laser's EBOOK-EB7C-4G is more of a multimedia device than a dedicated ebook reader. It has a 7in LCD display that can be used to watch videos and listen to music in addition to being used as an ebook reader. All this functionality is great and it mak...
The HP TouchPad is HP's answer to Apple's ever-conquering iPad 2. It's the first tablet to run the company's webOS operating system -- software HP acquired from Palm when it bought the struggling company for US$1.2 billion in 2010.
With most Android 'Honeycomb' tablets hitting the market offering very little differentiation in screen size, specifications and software, it's refreshing to see a new tablet that at least attempts to offer something new.
Lenovo has arrived late to the party, but the company better known for its business notebooks and PC's has finally released an Android tablet.
It has to be said from the outset that the Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 slate device is not intended for the consumer market — it's not in direct competition with the iPad or any Android tablet. It's designed for enterprise customers, which have spec...
Is it just us or do most Android tablets currently on the market scream "me too"? Aside from a few small differences, most of these devices have the same sized screen with the same resolution, run virtually identical software, and have a very similar...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- TPLevel 2-3 Helpdesk OfficerQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW