We've long berated Android tablets for being "me too" devices. Aside from a few small differences, most of these tablets have the same sized screen with the same resolution, run virtually identical software, and have a very similar feature set and us...
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
Amazon has refined the Kindle several times since its Australian debut, and each time the e-reader du jour has become increasingly attractive to potential buyers. This iteration of the popular e-book reader -- by our count it’s the fourth generation ...
Apple has adopted a one-size fits all approach with its iPad 2, but there seems to be a demand for smaller, compact tablets. Acer has responded with the Iconia A100, a smaller and lighter version its 10.1in Iconia A500 Android tablet.
Toshiba is expanding its Android tablet fleet following its announcement of the Toshiba 7" Tablet (AT1S0) -- a smaller, 7in version of the 10.1in Tablet (AT100).
Rumours were flying around for months about Amazon launching a tablet and the US giant has finally delivered. The Kindle Fire is a 7in tablet running a customised version of Android and is Amazon's attempt at shaking up the Apple-dominated tablet mar...
It seems Samsung is intent on producing a tablet device with every screen size imaginable. Not content with 10.1in, 8.9in and 7in screen sizes — along with the 5.3in, part smartphone, part tablet Galaxy Note — the company has now announce...
Lenovo's ThinkPad Tablet is the first Android tablet aimed squarely at the corporate environment. Though it still provides all the consumer features Android tablets are well regarded for, the ThinkPad Tablet's included digitiser pen, optional keyboar...
Apple has blocked it from going on sale in Australia, and Samsung postponed the launch event, but we did some probing and were lucky enough to get our hands on the hotly-anticipated Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet before its official release in Austra...
The Kogan eBook reader has an excellent 6in e-Ink display with a useful capacitive touchscreen. Combined with its diverse file format support, the touchscreen makes the Kogan eBook reader powerful and easy to use. However, it's not quick to operate d...
Laser's EBOOK-EB7C-4G is more of a multimedia device than a dedicated ebook reader. It has a 7in LCD display that can be used to watch videos and listen to music in addition to being used as an ebook reader. All this functionality is great and it mak...
The HP TouchPad is HP's answer to Apple's ever-conquering iPad 2. It's the first tablet to run the company's webOS operating system -- software HP acquired from Palm when it bought the struggling company for US$1.2 billion in 2010.
With most Android 'Honeycomb' tablets hitting the market offering very little differentiation in screen size, specifications and software, it's refreshing to see a new tablet that at least attempts to offer something new.
Lenovo has arrived late to the party, but the company better known for its business notebooks and PC's has finally released an Android tablet.
It has to be said from the outset that the Fujitsu Stylistic Q550 slate device is not intended for the consumer market — it's not in direct competition with the iPad or any Android tablet. It's designed for enterprise customers, which have spec...
Is it just us or do most Android tablets currently on the market scream "me too"? Aside from a few small differences, most of these devices have the same sized screen with the same resolution, run virtually identical software, and have a very similar...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAgile Project ManagerQLD
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- CCCognitive Intelligence Creative ArchitectACT
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTReporting Analyst | 6mth ContractOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - Transmission and RAN DeploymentsOther
- TPChange Analyst - Multi-stream people change program**NSW
- FT4 X Gun Java Developers wantedVIC
- CCAgile Project Manager/ SCRUM MasterVIC
- FTSenior DevOps Consultant, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperOther
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperSA
- CCExecutive Desktop SupportWA
- CCAlliance ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT ImplementationVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer - CISCOACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Innovative Software companyNSW
- FTOrganizational Change ManagerACT
- FTSenior Data EngineerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Financial ServicesOther
- CCSupport Analyst - Part timeQLD
- FTCloud Service Support EngineerOther
- FTPython Fullstack Developer (Full Stack Environment)Other
- FTDevOps ManagerOther