Apple's third beta of iOS 4.3 is now in the hands of developers. This new beta includes three separate packages: iOS, the SDK, and Apple TV Software. Typically, Apple releases three betas to its developers before seeding a Gold Master. This latest be...
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Apple has been hit with another lawsuit accusing it of privacy violations for the way it shares information collected from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users with advertisers.
Honeycomb will finally arrive this week, and Google promises an in-depth look at the revamped Android operating system and some hands-on demonstrations of Honeycomb devices.
Freedom is clearly a big theme in consumer technology marketing, going back to that iconic "1984" ad from Apple of the sledgehammer-wielding runner attacking Big Brother.
Since Apple introduced the world to the iPad, the tablet rivalry has been heated between iOS and Android. The problem, though -- for Android at least -- is that the rivalry was filled with idle speculation and vaporware compared to the blockbuster re...
The Dell Streak 7 was one of the many tablets revealed at CES last month, but at the time, T-Mobile kept mum on pricing and availability details. Now, all is revealed -- and from a pure-play price perspective, T-Mobile has kept its promise to best th...
On the back of Samsung Galaxy Tab sales, Android tablets grabbed a 22% share of the world's tablet market last quarter, denting for the first time the iPad's dominance, a research firm said today.
Worldwide shipments of PC graphics products were flat during the fourth quarter last year, potentially hurt by growth in tablet shipments, according to research released by Jon Peddie Research on Monday.
ARM is offering two new processors -- the Cortex-R5 and Cortex-R7 -- which will help next-generation smartphones and tablets take better advantage of increasing mobile broadband speeds, the company said on Monday.
Telstra has published a post on its exchange blog, noticed by Ausdroid, hinting that the telco may launch Motorola's Atrix Android smartphone in Australia.
Apple will start offering the iPad in India on Friday, but its focus will be on sales through retailers, rather than bundling the device with service plans from mobile operators.
Tablet computers built to Marvell's Moby reference design should launch in India in the first half of this year, an executive of the company said on Thursday.
We love a good rumour or leak, and this time it's Samsung's plans for its Mobile World Congress (MWC) announcement in Barcelona next month.
Google Wednesday released a preview of the software development kit for Android 3.0, which has been designed specifically for mobile devices with larger screens, particularly tablets.
When 2010 began, the iPad was nothing but a collection of rumors and speculation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- FTHR Learning Management ExpertNSW
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- FTStorage Engineer l HDSNSW
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- FTC# DeveloperQLD
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT HealthcareQLD
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD