Intel expects tablets running its power-efficient chip code-named Oak Trail to become available next month, the company said on Friday.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Some Android tablets have unique features that set the devices apart from Apple's iPad 2. Toshiba is offering its Tablet with a replaceable battery option, which users can buy for US$89. Keyboards for Motorola's Xoom and Samsung's Galaxy Tab are avai...
Asus will continue to build Window 7 tablets, calling Microsoft's OS a worthy competitor to the Apple iPad and the army of Android tablets on the market. An Asus official told TechRadar that the company gets a lot of inquiries from the consumer and b...
Hewlett-Packard is giving developers early access to the webOS 3.0 SDK (Software Development Kit), hoping that they will start working on applications for the company's upcoming TouchPad tablet, the company said in a blog post on Wednesday.
A year after its initial release, the iPad tablet has made Apple the undisputed leader in the tablet space and created a whole new market niche, but strong competition is emerging, a prominent Apple iOS application developer said on Wednesday afterno...
According to analyst firm Garner, tablet sales will be in part responsible for 5.6 per cent growth in global IT spending this year. According to Garner, IT spending should hit US$3.6 trillion this year, up 5.6 per cent from last year.
One of the founding fathers of the original IBM PC, Mark Dean, says competition in the smartphone and tablet markets today is as wild as the early microcomputer battles between Apple, Commodore and IBM almost three decades ago.
Woe is the rival company that predicts failure Apple and its products, particularly the iPad.
Can you bring your iPad to work? Or will you get in big trouble? With a nod to David Letterman's Top Ten list Signs You've Purchased a Bad iPhone, here are our signs that grease the wheels for iPads to roll into the enterprise.
With tablets invading the enterprise, IT departments are facing new challenges around controlling mobile connectivity expenses.
In an event in Sydney today, Acer unveiled its iPad 2 competitor: the Iconia A500 Android tablet. It's set to hit Australian retailers in mid-April.
Semiconductor companies in Taiwan plan to hire thousands of new employees on the island this year to meet the fast-growing global consumer demand for smartphones and tablet PCs.
Chinese PC maker Lenovo said it launched its first tablet computer, the LePad, in China on Monday, marking the company's entrance into one of the hottest emerging areas of the gadget sector.
Asustek Computer will hold production of netbooks at last year's levels as sales of tablets eat into the market for portable PCs, a company product specialist said on Friday.
Google will not release the source code for Honeycomb, the version of its Android mobile OS optimized for tablets, until it completes work to make the software better for smartphones and other devices, the company said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- TPSupport AnalystVIC
- TPServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- FTICT SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Solution AnalystVIC
- TPIT Security SpecialistVIC
- CCManaging Architect - Satellite - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectQLD
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- CCSeeking a Perl Developer for a 5-10 Day Project!NSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTState IT Systems EngineerTAS
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelNSW
- TPEOI - Developers and Tester (APS)ACT
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW