In the opening keynote at the Intel Developer Forum today, Intel showed off wearable tech, Internet of Things boards, wireless charging, and it introduced the 2015 version of the Core processor, codenamed Skylake.
Tablets & eBook readers - News
Intel calls Dell's new Venue 8 7000 the world's thinnest tablet, and there's a lot to like about its paper-thin design and its 3D-sensing camera that is for more than just selfies.
Over the years, Intel has consistently brought to market low-power CPUs for use in thin and lightweight laptops, and with each new CPU the power requirement has gone down. This trend continues with Intel’s Core M CPU (previously codenamed Broadwell-Y...
Sony’s has spent the last six months honing the designs and performance of its Xperia smartphones and tablets. The company’s Z3 range, which was announced at the IFA tradeshow in Berlin, proves thinner, lighter, more durable and better equipped than ...
Acer's latest low-cost 8-inch tablets come in both Android and Windows flavors.
The 10.5in Tab S will be available from $47 for 2.5GB of data per month over a two year contract. However, contracting the tablet on a $52 per month plan results in a monthly data allowance of 4GB -- that’s almost double for just $5 more.
Using a tablet to make a phone call may sound unorthodox. But in Asia's emerging markets, vendors are increasingly shipping 7-inch tablets with voice call functions, according to research firm IDC.
Sales of tablets bucked a three year growth trend by declining 28 per cent during the first half of 2014. The sales downturn was revealed by research firm Telsyte, which also noted Android tablets outsold Apple's iPad for the first time.
While customers can pre-order the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 now from Microsoft's Store, the latest version of Microsoft's slate device will be available to buy from Australian retail stores from 28 August. The outlets included are JB Hi-Fi and Harvey N...
Apple and Samsung are calling it quits on years of litigation in Australia. The legal strife started almost three years ago when Apple obtained an injunction against the sale of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Toshiba’s Encore 2 gives the veteran PC maker a bigger Windows 8.1-based tablet to take to the Aussie market, with the new model sporting a 10.1in screen as opposed to the 8in screen of the original Encore. But the new model seems to makes some compr...
SBS broke a number of its streaming service records by going all out with its Web and mobile video coverage of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Aldi is selling a 7in Android tablet designed for children for today only.
Teachers will be able to can create, edit, manage and share course materials with their students directly from Apple’s iPad following an update to its iTunes U software.
Asus is working with Australian telcos to re-enter the local smartphone market by next year. The Taiwanese company plans on bringing its ZenFone range to Australian carriers and retailers, while also increasing its range of Intel-powered tablets and ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Tech Timeline: The iPad first goes on sale
- New 9.7-inch iPad teardown reveals it's basically an original iPad Air with minor tweaks
- More iPad screen sizes unlikely to stop slump
- Samsung's Galaxy Tab S3 is like a giant Note7
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSalesforce ConsultantQLD
- FTPMO Quality OfficerNSW
- TPPrincipal Data Analyst | ArcGIS | Power BI | QlikQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- TPPrimary Support Officer (Level 1)VIC
- FTTest Manager / Test LeadQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksQLD
- FTx3 Field EngineersVIC
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTQlikview Developer | Contract 6-12mthVIC
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- TPTechnical ConsultantACT
- TPTrim Helpdesk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW