Microsoft says that Linux is simply too powerful for the constraints it put on Windows 10 S.
Don't overlook Microsoft's toolbar for Windows 10 gaming. Here's what it offers following the Windows 10 Creators Update.
Microsoft's hidden a wealth of information among the Settings menu in the new Windows 10 Insider build 16199, as well as some new My People functionality.
Users of old Windows systems can now download a patch to protect them from this week’s massive ransomware attack.
Windows 10's Mixed Reality experiences are almost here. If you plan on hooking one of these headsets into your PC, here's what it'll need.
Microsoft has begun rolling out the new Story Remix app that's part of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, allowing you to design amazing photo slideshows. Unfortunately, some flagship features have been delayed.
Windows 10 Insider Preview 16193 lets users try the new Story Remix app and other new Windows 10 Fall Creators Update features.
Apple's iTunes is joining Spotify in Microsoft's Windows Store.
Windows 10's Fall Creators Update is really about connections: new apps and improvements designed to connect across devices.
Windows 10 now has about 500 million users, but only a fraction of those have tried Cortana. This doesn't bode well for Microsoft's push into artificial intelligence.
Microsoft released security patches Tuesday for 55 vulnerabilities across the company's products, including three flaws that have already been exploited in targeted attacks by cyberespionage groups.
The Creators Update made it easier to manage your family in Windows 10. Here's how to do it.
Microsoft appears to have more hardware to announce on May 23, possibly the first low-cost mixed reality headsets and maybe even the first Windows on ARM devices.
Windows 10 S is Microsoft's answer to Chromebooks in schools, but you'll be able to buy it too. Here's everything you need to know.
What it will cost (if anything) to move from Microsoft's Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro depends on what you buy and where you bought it.
Is your IT system growing at pace with your business? Here are 5 reasons why you should consider the move to Cloud ERP now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
- Old Windows PCs can stop WannaCry ransomware with new Microsoft patch
- Here's what your PC needs to run Windows 10's Mixed Reality VR
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Deployment Officer (Office 365)QLD
- FTOperations Manager - NV1 Cleared - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Technical LeadQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Solution AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer - Contract till June 2018QLD
- CCWCEM DeveloperACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCCCNP Network EngineerVIC
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTTeam LeaderSA
- FTTechnical Solution ArchitectSA
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTIT OfficerACT
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC