Google’s new digital assistant – called Google Assistant – has upped the level of A.I. available to regular phone users thanks to the new Google Pixel phone and the Allo chat app. It assistant offers more than just voice recognition – it understands the context of what you’re saying. We suspect that the developers have also had some fun baking in some tongue-in-cheek responses.
Software and Services - Slideshows
The massive Computex trade show, which focuses on computer components and associated technologies, technically opens tomorrow. However, with much of the world's computer press in town, Nvidia hired a the key presentation areas of the central Grand Hyatt hotel and CEO, Jen-Shun Huang hosted a brekkie where he outlined Nvidia's (and the world's major technology sectors) direction. Here are his key points in slide form.
Australian Immigration Minister, Peter Dutton, asked journalists to remove a creepy photo taken of him from a press conference where he blamed refugee advocates for refugees inflicting self-harm in the "refugee camp" on Nauru. Cartoonist David Pope articulated the claims thusly, to great acclaim. The response from the internet at being asked to remove the unflattering picture was exactly what one would expect from the internet were it to ever be asked to remove an unflattering picture.
Technology companies from all over the world descended on Barcelona, Spain for Mobile World Congress 2016. We were there to show you the best of the product releases from companies large and small. Photos by Chris Player who travelled to MWC as a guest of Huawei Australia.
If you’re going for an immediate upgrade to Windows 10 from your Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 computer, this guide will get you up to speed as quickly as possible.
Microsoft today launched Windows 8 in Australia, showcasing the new operating system's interface, apps and social features to a room full of journalists at Sydney's Hordern Pavilion.
These new and improved features in Windows Server 8 will make many Windows administrators very happy.
Here are some of the best Metro-Style Windows 8 apps - optimised for touchscreens, but functional with mouses and keyboards.
Linus Torvalds's fabled 'world domination' on the desktops of clerks or CEOs may never arrive, but it's already here on the computers of programmers everywhere
Apple says its latest Mac OS X version will be released this [southern ] winter; here's a look at what to expect.
Microsoft's IE9 provides a browsing experience that even Chrome and Firefox users may find compelling.
You can't appreciate the highs without looking at the lows. Here are 20 of this year's biggest failures in consumer technology
Windows has come a long way since 1985. Where will it go next?
Yes, people who think that it's okay to put 100 graphs on one slide do exist. Learn from these top 10 tips how not to make PowerPoint slides for your next big meeting.
How to spot -- and take down -- the six most nefarious adversaries of IT
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
- NAB go in on Google Assistant integration with new app
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTJunior-Mid level Technical Software Support/Project CoordinatorQLD
- CCDevOps Developer (Brisbane Location)VIC
- FTSolution Architect **Telecommunications Products** $800 per dayOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- TPSenior/Principal Business Analyst - TransformationQLD
- FTJava DevelopersSA
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTHR Analyst - Remuneration & PerformanceOther
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPProject Services - Support RolesACT
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTLead Front End DeveloperOther
- FT3rd Line IT EngineerOther
- CCDevOps Developer (Brisbane Location)NSW
- TPICT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- FTTeam Lead, Asset Mgmt & OperationsOther
- CCProject DirectorQLD
- FTDigital Producer | High Profile Website | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT RecruitmentOther
- FTCampaign AnalystOther
- FTChange Lead- Strategic Implementation & Transformation ProjectsOther
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystACT
- TPBusiness Analyst ManagerNSW