The FBI’s refusal to reveal how it accessed an iPhone 5c from the San Bernardino shooter will face scrutiny in court. USA Today’s parent company and two other news group have filed a lawsuit against the agency, demanding it turn over the details.
The FBI has issued a plea for those who have been hit by ransomware to report this to federal law enforcement so that the country can get a better sense of just how bad this problem really is.
Open source Web browser, Mozilla Firefox, claimed its latest update has fixed several critical vulnerabilities in Firefox 44 and earlier, and Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release) version 38.6.
Ransomware masquerading as an upgrade to Windows 10 has been affecting Australian businesses and consumers.
Place a key on the table and bring out the smartphone camera. It clicks and the screen shows a razor-sharp photo of the key. The photo is all you need to print a perfect copy of the key.
A critical vulnerability is affecting 600 million Samsung devices including the company’s new flagship device, the S6.
A critical vulnerability affecting most Apple Mac models has been discovered that could enable attackers to overwrite firmware and gain persistent root access to computers.
Samsung Electronics' deal with BlackBerry and Apple's efforts to make it easier to configure and deploy massive numbers of iPhones highlight how the smartphone makers are battling for supremacy among enterprise users.
Trend Micro has launched free Heartbleed scanners for PC and Android devices.
Symantec’s 2013 edition of Norton Internet Security (AU$69.99 for one year and three PCs, or AU$135.99 for two years and three PCs) is a solid performer with a polished, touch-optimized user interface.
Trend Micro's Titanium Maximum Security 2013 is an all-encompassing security suite for PCs and Android devices. It can protect against viruses, spyware and other Web threats, in addition to providing a few extra features such as parental controls, cloud storage and password management. It builds on the 2012 version by incorporating social networking protection, data theft prevention and Facebook profile privacy checking.
If you use your mobile device to browse many Web sites that require a username and password, keeping track of all those credentials, as well as entering them each time you want to use them, can be a pian. Letting the Web browser remember the details for them can be a security risk, too. Trend Micro's DirectPass app aims to be a central and secure repository for all those credentials, so you won't have to keep entering them each time you visit those sites
An all-around solid defender and efficient performer, Symantec's Norton Internet Security 2012 (AU$89 for one year and three PCs as of 7 May, 2012) has a slick, user-friendly interface and solid malware detection and removal capabilities.
As well as the anti-virus, identity protection, parental control and firewall modules in Norton Internet Security 2012, Norton 360 v6 includes PC tuning and online backup.
Bitdefender is a Romanian company which has been making Windows anti-virus software since 2001. After an over-zealous makeover last year, the company now claims it has 'the sharp mind of the wolf and the sleekness of the dragon, the vigilance of the alpha-male and the indestructibility of the snake's body'. It writes software.
Need to print on the go? The HP OfficeJet offers that and more. Read a user’s experience on this multi-purpose printer.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- A vigilante hacker may have built a computer worm to protect the IoT
- Suspected CIA spying tools linked to hacks in 16 countries
- The iCloud hackers' bitcoin ransom looks like a fake
- WikiLeaks: CIA used bits of Carberp Trojan code for malware deployment
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- HTC U Play phone: full, in-depth review
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTCitrix Engineer/Designer - AWS experience essentialNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLead Salesforce ConsultantQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD