There isn't long to go now before the 2012 London Olympics begin, and if you're still at a loss as to when your favourite sports will be shown live on TV, now's the time to get organised. With an Olympic TV schedule yet to be published by channel Nin...
Software and Services - Reviews
Adobe Lightroom 4.1 is a comprehensive, self-contained environment for importing, editing, organizing, printing, and sharing your photos.
An all-around solid defender and efficient performer, Symantec's Norton Internet Security 2012 (AU$89 for one year and three PCs as of 7 May, 2012) has a slick, user-friendly interface and solid malware detection and removal capabilities.
As well as the anti-virus, identity protection, parental control and firewall modules in Norton Internet Security 2012, Norton 360 v6 includes PC tuning and online backup.
Bitdefender is a Romanian company which has been making Windows anti-virus software since 2001. After an over-zealous makeover last year, the company now claims it has 'the sharp mind of the wolf and the sleekness of the dragon, the vigilance of the ...
Installing and using a security suite on a desktop PC or laptop (in fact, especially a laptop) can be a frustrating experience. Pop-ups, incessant messages to update and upgrade, not to mention performance hits, are often traits of these programs. Tr...
Trend Micro's Mobile Security Personal Edition app is worth considering if you want some peace of mind when it comes to security concerns with your smartphone. It features a real-time app scanner and Web site filtering that can detect malware, and it...
In a decade, Mac OS X evolved from a curious hybrid of the classic Mac OS and the NextStep operating system to a mainstream computer operating system used by millions. It was a decade of continual refinement, capped by the bug-fixing, internals-tweak...
Trend Micro's SafeSync is an Internet-based storage solution that allows you to upload files and access them from any computer or smartphone (iPhone or Android). It's a very similar service to DropBox, but it offers better value for money.
When I reviewed the initial release of Numbers for iPad in April 2010, I noted that it worked well for creating original spreadsheets, and for working on Numbers-native spreadsheets from your Mac, but that it fell short due to its inability to output...
When Apple introduced Keynote for the iPad last year, it did a terrific job translating the desktop application’s functions to the tablet’s multi-touch interface. But the iPad imposed limitations that made the iOS version less-than-ideal for creating...
Pages for iOS has been available on the Apple iPad since the device's launch in April 2010. It's also been Apple's standard word processor and Microsoft Word competitor on the Mac platform for years. It's only just made the transition to the iPhone a...
When it comes to video editing, nothing ever happens quickly enough, no matter how powerful your computer.
Microsoft Office 365, a suite of business-focused, cloud-based applications that was recently released in beta, is actually a repackaging and updating of various Microsoft offerings -- optimized for the cloud.
The latest Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac adds new features and performance to this versatile package for running Windows and Linux on a Mac, without rebooting
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye Google Now, hello new feed that obsessively track your interests
- How to deal with “Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC” error
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- Google Assistant: 5 killer new features you should be using
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDigital Business Analyst| 6 month contract roleOther
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- CCRobotics Automation Designer (Pega) - Contract - Financial Services - SydneyNSW
- TPTest Analyst - Web ApplicationsQLD
- CCInformatica MDM ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTCommercial Contracts ManagerOther
- CCJava EngineerNSW
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity Solution Architect - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPDigital/Application ArchitectNSW
- FTTalent Acquisition Specialist - Large Blue Chip clientOther
- FTDigital ProducerOther
- FTSAP Project ManagerOther
- FTInfrastructure Engineer| Dev background |Linux or Unix/Windows|Other
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorACT
- FTTalend DI DeveloperOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorACT
- CCOffice Administration - TelcoVIC
- TPProduct OwnerVIC
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Network and TelecommunicationsOther