Speech recognition interface can mix mix dictating and typing in certain apps.
Software and Services - Reviews
iOS 10, the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system, brings a variety of upgrades to Siri, 3D Touch, the Lock Screen, Maps and other features.
These dumb bulbs are perfect for smart lighting.
iOS 10 comes out today, and it's excellent. But not everyone needs to download it immediately.
For when you need more than what the Mac’s Disk Utilities app offers.
Windows 10's Anniversary Update polishes mature features like Cortana, Edge, and Skype while pointing the way toward a pen-enabled future. Windows 10 users should be pleased, but Windows 10 holdouts may remain unmoved.
Blocs 2 keeps the ease and elegance of its original version, but adds plenty of powerful new features.
The new upgrade introduces small improvements across the board, but nothing to sway Windows 7 stalwarts
Maxthon's fifth-generation MX5 Web browser includes a number of key features, such as password management, that you might end up paying for on other browsers.
It's a power struggle for the age of the web, as we test major browsers in a carefully controlled battery-rundown test. Which one will kill your laptop first? The answer's not as simple as you'd think.
Accounting software used to be one of the most annoying product categories on the planet. Not only was the software hard to use, forcing many small business owners to hire book-keepers and accountants in order to make sure everything balanced at the ...
Historical photo presets join a swift, lightweight organizer to create unique film looks and special effects.
Evolutionary release with a new licensing program
The latest build of Microsoft's Windows 10 Anniversary Update preview makes Edge easier to install and eliminates a controversial feature in Sense.
Pioneer XDP-100R review: This polished and flexible high-resolution audio player is loaded with features
Pioneer's great-sounding, feature rich, Android-based player's only major drawbacks are its lack of MacOS support and its bulky size.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
- Google Assistant branches out, supporting third-party hardware and smarter features
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCABAP ConsultantACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCICT Security Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCMaster Data Officer - SAPNSW
- FTSenior Data Engineer | up to $92 p/hrVIC
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- FTICT Business Change SpecialistSA
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCTesting SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence DesignerNSW
- FTLevel 1 Support OfficerQLD
- FTTest Engineer | $92 p/hrVIC
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- FTWintel Engineer - Website hostingNSW
- FTSenior IT Project ManagerSA
- TPIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTDealing Room Support Analyst - IPC voiceNSW
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- FTBI Developer (SQL Server Reporting Services)SA