Windows 10 Creators Update, the latest version of Microsoft's new operating system update, offers some interesting new features worth knowing about.
Software and Services - Reviews
The Playbase fits conveniently under your TV, but it’s not the best home theater speaker we’ve heard.
Let's start with a major positive... no price hike for Aussies! In fact, with the current exchange rate and no GST it's actually (refreshingly) cheaper than in America. With that all sorted, let's go into the review...
Google makes it as easy as it can to put the world’s knowledge at your fingertips on every screen you touch. With Google Home, it’s trying to extend that reach to casual conversation.
A suite of software tools for burning DVDs and managing digital media on the Mac, which includes Blu-ray discs, photo editing, and slideshow creation on the Pro version.
There's no way to review Google Home in isolation. This hyper-aware voice-activated speaker is an Amazon Echo clone, but improves upon the original concept.
Weight loss needn't be hard. In fact, you can lose weight with just a few taps on your phone screen each day.
The new Pixel brand replaces the Nexus line and things have become as premium as you can get.
A welcome improvement to a powerful suite of GPU-accelerated pro video plug-ins.
The new Essential Sound panel makes it more user-friendly for those getting started with Audition.
We last reviewed Fetch TV’s main set-top box (second generation) two years ago. How things change in that time? Back then we primarily lamented the lack of built-in WiFi – something that would be unthinkable these days - but now the third-generation ...
This year’s update offers little in terms of new features for the visual effects app, you’ll feel the changes every time you use it.
Brand new guided edits make changing facial features, creating text from images, making multi-textured collages a snap.
Adobe Premiere Elements 15 review: Upgrade moves consumer videographers more deeply into creative turf
From haze removal to matching musical scores, this version simplifies complex moves with baby steps.
Video editor delivers a winning combination of performance enhancements and awesome new proxy workflow.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- OK Google, let's get personal
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTWeb Developers - .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCSCCM ConsultantACT
- FTTeam Leader Application SupportVIC