Google offered to pay US$200,000 to any researcher who could remotely hack into an Android device by knowing only the victim's phone number and email address, but no one stepped up to the challenge for six months.
Software and Services - News
In a post on its Android developers blog, Google urges developers to tune their apps for the new 18:9 ratio screens on the LG G6 and the Galaxy S8.
Gaming, inking, e-reading, and even privacy all get a boost in this new version of WIndows 10.
Alexa is fantastic on the Amazon Echo. Now that you can get it on iPhone and at least one Android phone, how does it compare?
Microsoft's Windows 10 Creators Update is missing key features promised when it was unveiled, including Windows Capture 3D, mixed-reality devices, Xbox Arenas, and more.
Developers of the popular LastPass password manager are working to fix a serious vulnerability that could allow malicious websites to steal user passwords or to infect computers with malware.
Vivint, Wink, and 11 other other brands add ‘OK Google’ to their vocabularies.
Microsoft added Cortana to the Android lock screen in an update earlier this month, but now you can ask questions and have it do things without needing to unlock your phones.
The Razer Blade Pro's THX certification applies only to its 4K IGZO screen and its headphone jack—but hey, it's still the first!
These Windows keyboard shortcuts will take you beyond the basics.
Microsoft has delayed the release of its tools for connecting other services to the Cortana virtual assistant, a decision that could cause it to lose ground in a crowded industry.
Samsung revealed Monday that Bixby, an intelligent voice assistant, will run on the Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone being unveiled next week.
Two teams of researchers managed to win the biggest bounties at this year's Pwn2Own hacking contest by escaping from the VMware Workstation virtual machine and executing code on the host operating system.
Network World editors Keith Shaw and Brandon Butler compete against each other to see who can recite more digits of Pi in honor of Pi Day. Which editor wins and gets to put a pie in the face of the loser?
The number of websites supporting HTTPS has skyrocketed over the past year and there are many benefits for turning on encryption on your website today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye Google Now, hello new feed that obsessively track your interests
- How to deal with “Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC” error
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- Google Assistant: 5 killer new features you should be using
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior .Net Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTDelivery Manager - Agile / Scrum / DigitalOther
- FTIT Program SchedulerOther
- CCSAP ISU - DM ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystQLD
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- CCCognos Lead / Cognos DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Financial advisorNSW
- FTEnterprise Transformation ArchitectOther
- CCJava EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTLevel 3- Production Support Team LeaderACT
- CCTechnical Solution Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCCore Java Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCLead Technical AnalystNSW
- FTFront End Developer (Mid-Level)Other
- FTAccount ClerkOther
- FTInfrastructure Engineer| Dev background |Linux or Unix/Windows|Other
- TPICT Project CoordinatorACT
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW
- FTL&D Consultant - Wealth ManagementOther
- FTProduct/Project Coordinator-AGILE/SCRUMOther