Use of cellphone spying technology has become widespread among U.S. law enforcement agencies and should be better regulated, according to a new congressional report.
Software and Services - News
Like a man eager to show off his new watch, Google is encouraging anyone running IT operations to ask it for the time. The company will let anyone use its NTP (Network Time Protocol) servers, a move to help IT shops cope with the next “leap second,” ...
Microsoft has pushed its Windows 10 August upgrade to the Current Branch for Business release track.
Keep the kids entertained all throughout the holiday season with the new Present Quest game.
Netflix is finally allowing you to download select movie and TV show titles for offline viewing on mobile devices.
Have some incorrect or outdated autofill entries in Chrome? Here's some tips on getting rid of them.
Many Linux users are ticked off and anxious about Microsoft joining the Linux Foundation. They are missing the real significance of that move.
It may take several years or even decades, but hackers won’t necessarily always be human. Artificial intelligence –- a technology that also promises to revolutionize cyber security -- could one day become the go-to hacking tool.
Facebook may soon help you find the closest public Wi-Fi access point with a new feature in its mobile app.
With presidential election signs coming down from front lawns and voters watching protests on the news, many are wondering if fake news stories on Facebook and Google contributed to Donald Trump's winning the presidency.
This will allow those with 4K televisions and a Chromecast Ultra to take full advantage of their capabilities, though the titles are going to cost you extra.
Stung by ongoing criticism and evidence that some of its hosts discriminated against non-white guests, Airbnb this month began asking users to pledge to treat everyone equally.
Build 14971 says goodbye to the classic paint program and puts PowerShell up front instead of the command prompt.
The head of Google's cloud business says she doesn't expect machine intelligence to exceed that of humans during her lifetime, despite recent rapid progress that has surprised many.
Twitter has new ways to keep the trolls from getting at you, as well as beefed up anti-abuse enforcement policies behind the scenes.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- OK Google, let's get personal
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorSA
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTInformation Security ManagerACT
- TPProject Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager (Wealth)NSW
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMSA
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- FTSAP Solution ArchitectsACT