A researcher has uncovered some 40 serious vulnerabilities in Samsung's code that could be remotely exploited by hackers.
Software and Services - News
The notorious hackers behind a string of banking heists have left behind a clue that reveals a long-suspected link to North Korea, according to security researchers.
A team of researchers from security vendor Cylance demonstrated a proof-of-concept ransomware program that ran inside a motherboard's Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI).
Business travelers, rejoice: You can now save some Netflix shows to your Windows 10 laptop's hard drive for viewing in the air or in your hotel.
WikiLeaks may have dealt another blow to the CIA’s hacking operations by releasing files that allegedly show how the agency was masking its malware attacks.
A minor redesign of the Xbox One user interface, and the major addition of Beam game streaming are the focus of the Windows 10 Creators Update for the Xbox One.
Google offered to pay US$200,000 to any researcher who could remotely hack into an Android device by knowing only the victim's phone number and email address, but no one stepped up to the challenge for six months.
In a post on its Android developers blog, Google urges developers to tune their apps for the new 18:9 ratio screens on the LG G6 and the Galaxy S8.
Gaming, inking, e-reading, and even privacy all get a boost in this new version of WIndows 10.
Alexa is fantastic on the Amazon Echo. Now that you can get it on iPhone and at least one Android phone, how does it compare?
Microsoft's Windows 10 Creators Update is missing key features promised when it was unveiled, including Windows Capture 3D, mixed-reality devices, Xbox Arenas, and more.
Developers of the popular LastPass password manager are working to fix a serious vulnerability that could allow malicious websites to steal user passwords or to infect computers with malware.
Vivint, Wink, and 11 other other brands add ‘OK Google’ to their vocabularies.
Microsoft added Cortana to the Android lock screen in an update earlier this month, but now you can ask questions and have it do things without needing to unlock your phones.
The Razer Blade Pro's THX certification applies only to its 4K IGZO screen and its headphone jack—but hey, it's still the first!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
- Google Assistant branches out, supporting third-party hardware and smarter features
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCICT Security Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTLevel 3 Service Desk Support Engineer / Project ManagerQLD
- FTBUSINESS TECHNOLOGY PARTNERVIC
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCPega DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (x3)WA
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- CCIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCCCNP Network EngineerVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTSr Infrastructure Automation EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTNetwork Deployment ManagerVIC
- FTTeam LeaderSA
- FTIteration ManagerQLD
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW