What it will cost (if anything) to move from Microsoft's Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro depends on what you buy and where you bought it.
Software and Services - News
It's a 64-bit world but many users haven't bothered to make the switch. Google is helping out those Chrome users who really should've gone to 64-bit a long time ago.
Have your email read to you, hide your inbox, master keyboard shortcuts, and more with these browser add-ons.
We go hands on with Microsoft's Windows 10 S and one of its inexpensive partner laptops, the Dell Latitude 11 EDU.
View Mixed Reality will bolster Windows 10’s virtual reality chops by letting view augmented reality images through their device screen.
Windows 10 S, Microsoft’s new education-focused OS, may look like Windows RT, but it's actually targeting Chrome OS with key differences to make it more useful.
A U.S. appeals court has denied a request by broadband trade groups to rehear its decision last June to uphold the Federal Communications Commission's controversial 2015 net neutrality rules.
Microsoft has made the delayed My People experience part of its recent Windows 10 Insider build, putting your best friends as close as your taskbar.
The Drupal project has released a patch to fix a critical access bypass vulnerability that could put websites at risk of hacking.
Users that run unpatched software beware. Hackers have been relying on an old software bug connected to the Stuxnet worm to carry out their attacks.
Standalone Office users will start to feel the pinch in a few years, when Microsoft will cut off services unless you subscribe to Office 365. OneDrive and Skype for Business will be the first perks to go.
Microsoft reveals when Redstone 3 will ship—as well as every Windows feature update beyond that—as part of its new semiannual schedule for Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus.
A hotly anticipated upgrade to Google Home will let users train the company’s virtual assistant to recognize different voices and provide personalized responses to each person.
How many virtual assistants can you fit in one smartphone? European network operator Orange is hoping there's room to squeeze in one more, called Djingo.
A new user-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs get updates on Windows 7 or 8—but it may be more trouble than it's worth.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPProgram Governance Lead (PMO)VIC
- FTQlikview Developer | Contract 6-12mthVIC
- FTJunior - Mid Level Technical Customer SupportQLD
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- CCXML DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- CCJunior to Mid-level Project Manager- TelcoVIC
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- CCPega DeveloperWA
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTImplementation Engineer - Cisco UCSWA
- CCCCNP Network EngineerVIC
- CCTesting Manager - Energy sectorVIC
- FTSupport Analyst - TallymanVIC
- FTChange & Communications AnalystQLD
- FTLead Drupal DeveloperQLD
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum Master/Project ManagerQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTPython Fullstack DevNSW