Microsoft has rebranded its Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) validation system in Windows 7, likely an attempt to shed the controversial image of the antipiracy program.
Software and Services - News
Microsoft said it plans to acquire gaming company BigPark for an undisclosed amount.
Even as the world economy languishes, Microsoft is putting an increasing focus on its research efforts in areas well beyond its traditional desktop and office software domain.
A new version of the Moonlight open-source technology that puts Silverlight on Linux is now available for developers to test.
Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) continues a long-running Microsoft practice that puts users at risk, a security researcher said Wednesday.
What Microsoft gives, it takes away.
In the latest sniping in the long-running feud over document format standards, IBM this week claimed that Microsoft Corp.'s Excel 2007 corrupted formulas and data in spreadsheets created in the OpenDocument Format.
Micro Focus International plans to beef up its range of software quality assurance tools with two acquisitions it announced Wednesday.
Open Text said Wednesday it plans to acquire fellow content management tools provider Vignette for about US$310 million in cash and stock. The deal is expected to be finalized in the second half of this year.
Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday gave a strong, though qualified, endorsement for running Windows 7 on PCs equipped with solid-state disk (SSD) drives, saying it has tuned the upcoming operating system to run faster on the still-emerging storage technology...
Apple and Opera lag behind Google and Mozilla when it comes to distributing Web browser updates due to how they've structured their patch programs, according to new research.
The near-final version of Microsoft's next operating system, Windows 7, became available late Monday to the general public.
Microsoft on Tuesday announced new job cuts that are part of the 5,000 the company said in January that it expected to eliminate.
Microsoft Corp. will not dump Vista when Windows 7 launches and plans to keep selling it to computer makers, system builders, volume licensees and consumers at retail until at least January 2011, a Microsoft spokesman said, citing long-running policy...
Pirated copies of Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) on file-sharing sites contain malware, according to users who have downloaded the upgrade.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye Google Now, hello new feed that obsessively track your interests
- How to deal with “Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC” error
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- Google Assistant: 5 killer new features you should be using
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FT4 X Gun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTSecurity Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTICT Business AnalystOther
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTMaster SchedulerACT
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | SaaS FintechOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Financial ServicesOther
- FTTech Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentOther
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- FTPHP Developer (Moodle)SA
- FTNetwork Engineer - Level 2ACT
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware Developer - Banking SolutionsOther
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- FTSOE EngineerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- FTFusion Middleware DeveloperACT
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerACT
- FTReporting Analyst / Admin Support - TelecommunicationsOther
- TPSAP ABAP ConsultantWA
- CCTraining specialistNSW