Parallels is developing a tool that will allow users to run Windows XP applications on machines running Windows 7.
Software and Services - News
Microsoft will make Windows 7 available to businesses and consumers in time for the typically busy holiday shopping season in the fourth quarter of the year, according to company officials.
Microsoft Monday said users testing Vista should abandon that effort for the Windows 7 RC candidate.
Microsoft is on track to wrap up Windows 7 and ship it to computer makers in August, a company executive said today.
When EA Tiger Woods PGA Tour teed off on the iPhone last month, the business world must have let out a collective giggle. Finally, an iPhone app for the business executive. All joking aside, the iPhone's lack of business apps has been an Achille's he...
Microsoft's delivery of Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) earlier this week boosted use of the new operating system by 22% since Monday, according to data from Web measurement company Net Applications.
Browser makers Mozilla and Opera accused Microsoft Thursday of force feeding Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) to users with Windows Update and silently changing the default browser on PCs.
Microsoft Corp. on Thursday released the beta of a free app that helps users determine whether their PC is powerful enough to run the upcoming Windows 7 operating system.
Just days after it launched Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC), Microsoft has released a fix for a major flaw that slipped through testing.
Mozilla's developers have announced plans to add application multi-threading to Firefox over the next two years, a feature already partially enabled in its main rivals, IE8 and Google Chrome.
Microsoft plans to test Windows 7's update mechanism by feeding users of the just-issued Release Candidate as many as 10 fake updates in the coming week, the company said Friday.
As the browser wars have heated up again, so have complaints that Microsoft is once again unfairly leveraging its Windows OS - this time Windows 7 - to promote its Internet Explorer browser.
Microsoft has renamed its anti-piracy technology and, starting with Windows 7, will downplay the components that enraged users in the past, a company manager said Thursday.
Users of current-generation Windows Mobile 6 phones can download a new Facebook application starting Thursday.
Microsoft has integrated Photosynth, its technology that stitches pictures together, with Virtual Earth, encouraging businesses to combine the two technologies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Goodbye Google Now, hello new feed that obsessively track your interests
- How to deal with “Windows 10 is no longer supported on this PC” error
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- Google Assistant: 5 killer new features you should be using
- Microsoft apologizes after a rogue Windows 10 preview build causes chaos
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Management Specialist (ServiceNow) - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCTalend Open Studio Data Integration ConsultantNSW
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane)NSW
- CCFleet Management System SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | AI & AutomationOther
- CCCognos Lead / Cognos DeveloperACT
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM DeveloperOther
- FTDelivery HeadWA
- TPProject Manager - Implementation Lead - CS restucture**NSW
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantOther
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- TPData Migration ManagerNSW
- CCSAP ABAP DevelopersACT
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTCloud Specialist/SME - TelcoOther
- TPBusiness Analyst - Workplace Assessment & InfrastructureQLD
- CCSystem AdministratorACT
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP ISU Device ManagementNSW
- FTFixed Broadband SMEOther
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- FTSoftware Developer - Banking SolutionsOther
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD