Like the fluid and swirling currents in the world's vast oceans, the global usage statistics for Web browsers are constantly on the move.
Software and Services - Features
While Mozilla lights a fire under competing browsers with support of emerging Web standards with Firefox 3.5, it can still improve its performance, reliability, and usability.
A simple, slightly quirky, but very inexpensive way to author DVDs -- that's WinX DVD author in a nutshell. The best news is that WinX DVD Author ($26, free demo) works quite well with the file types that it supports (mpeg, AVI, MP4k).
It looks like the image of a woman throwing up after inadvertently viewing pornography was too controversial for Microsoft.
Moblin is an Intel-created open-source operating system for netbooks and, specifically, the kind of people who use them.
In 1989, Eugene Kaspersky ran afoul of the Cascade virus while working for the Ministry of Defence in the heart of the Soviet Union. He defeated it with his wits and a pencil.
Mozilla's Firefox 3.5 is off to a running start. The new browser, boasting significant speed increases and a host of added features, was officially released Tuesday morning. By mid-afternoon, the program had surpassed 1.6 million downloads worldwide ...
A year ago today, Microsoft pulled the plug on Windows XP, no longer selling new copies in most venues. The June 30 kill date for XP followed a six-month outcry from users about Windows Vista, with demands that Microsoft keep XP available alongside V...
Mozilla today released Firefox 3.5, which you can download from Mozilla's Web site. Firefox 3.5 boasts a number of significant changes--ranging from new ways to work with the browser features to under-the-hood improvements that Mozilla developers say...
Microsoft is readying its next major release of the Windows operating system. After months of demos, early testing, beta releases, and finally announced launch plans, here's what you can expect in an upgrade.
Mozilla's Firefox 3.5 Release Candidate 2 is now out in the open, meaning the long-awaited final version is likely right around the corner.
Government agencies looking to save money by using software with no up-front purchase cost should fully consider the long-term expenditures for using those products, a new report said.
Though Vista and XP users can enjoy some of the Windows 7's goodies, either directly or by proxy, various highly desirable features are available only in the genuine article. Here are five that will require you to roll a 7.
Fujitsu will charge for Windows 7 upgrade vouchers when it begins offering them shortly to people that buy a PC ahead of the operating system's Oct. 22 launch.
I've always wanted to get a modern operating system to work on my graphing calculator. And we're about there, thanks to the efforts of a fellow (or strangly named lady) on The Windows Club forum.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- OK Google, let's get personal
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT ArchitectNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCSenior UNIX AdministratorNSW
- FTService ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- CCSystems Engineer (Netapp/Windows)NSW
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FT.Net Developer - work on cutting edge BAU projectsVIC
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW