The Web browser turns 15 on Oct. 13, 2009 - a key milestone in the history of the Internet. That’s when the first commercial Web browser - eventually called Netscape Navigator - was released as beta code. While researchers including World Wide Web in...
Software and Services - Features
If you were a betting man (or woman), who do you think would win in a social media face-off between the two most widely used desktop/laptop operating systems?
The release of Windows Mobile 6.5 is not the complete overhaul that users have been demanding. For that the smartphone-using public will have to wait for Windows Mobile 7, scheduled to release in the last quarter of 2010.
You can stop holding your breath now: Windows Mobile 6.5 is here. Oh, come on -- I know you've been just dying to get your hands on Microsoft's new mobile OS, haven't you? Anyone? Hello?
As I've mentioned in the past, I'm a big fan of the Windows Media Center software that comes baked into most versions of Vista and Windows 7.
Windows Vista never was particularly speedy in most people's eyes. Whether it deserved the reputation or not, the word on the street was that Vista was both slow and bloated.
Flawless? Windows 7? Of course not. Think of these ten areas as constituting a working to-do list for Windows 8.
Windows XP retained many loyal users during the dark ages of Vista, but the emergence of Windows 7 may signal the end of an era.
Microsoft's new operating system improves on Windows Vista in many ways. Here are the ten things we like best about Windows 7.
Google turned 11 yesterday, and it's hard to believe Google is <i>only</i> 11. Long ago it became its own verb, replacing "to search for" with its ubiquitous moniker, and permanently etched itself into Internet culture. Now, with its many offshoots, ...
It is my sad news this morning to report the demise of the world's most famous microblog. Twitter, we hardly knew ye.
Ever wanted to read other people's observations — or even share your own — when you're browsing the Web? [[xref:http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/172470/googles_sidewiki_lets_people_post_comments_about_web_pages.html|Google To...
FL Studio keeps getting better with a host of new tweaks and innovations. Version 9 of this software music production environment is the culmination of more than 10 years of development and with the company's policy of a lifetime free upgrades for o...
Arena 2 at Tech.Ed was surprisingly not a full house as a session was given on the top 10 reasons for deploying Windows 7. Not surprisingly, the number one reason for deploying Windows 7 is its performance, including how the operating system performs...
When it comes to applications, the iPhone has it all. Want to control your TV? There's an app for that. Want to find the nearest Chinese restaurant? There's an app for that.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- OK Google, let's get personal
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- FTChange Management LeadNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global Ecommerce BrandNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- FTProject Engineer - Data & IP NetworksNSW
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW