If you’re running a business, or if you’ve got a couple of computers on your home network, it makes sense that you should keep a backup of your data. There are a few ways you can do this, but storing it all on a NAS is one of the simplest.
Servers & Storage - Reviews
Samsung recently announced a solid state drive capacity of 1.6TB in a 2.5in form factor, so you know that the company knows a thing or two about flash-based storage (and that this author knows a thing or two about lame opening lines). The SSD 840 Pro...
SanDisk, the flash memory company that's celebrating its 25th year in the industry this year, recently released some new Extreme microSD cards with capacities of 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. We tested the 16GB version in a couple of scenarios to see just how...
If you run a small business, or if you’ve got a cache of valuable files sitting on your computer, or even if you’ve got a sentimental photo collection that’s getting big, backing up your data is practically mandatory.
Seagate's SSD 600 is a 2.5in solid state drive with a 7mm thickness, and that means it should fit into most common notebooks. It has a 6Gbps SATA 3 interface, a hard casing, and it comes in capacities of 120GB, 240GB and 480GB. But will it make your ...
Most smart TVs in the Australian and New Zealand markets have the ability to take advantage of USB storage for time-shifting and recording. WD's My Book AV-TV is a hard drive that is specifically designed to be the storage space for these TVs, allowi...
The WD My Passport Ultra is the fastest portable hard drive that Western Digital makes. Despite this, it’s quite small and light, runs silently, and isn’t too expensive. If you’ve got a USB 3.0 computer and don’t mind paying a little more than other ...
The Toshiba Canvio Slim hard drive is one of the most stylish pocket drives on the Australian market, and definitely one of the smallest. Indeed, the Canvio Slim is true to its name. At only 9mm thick, it's thinner than most typical 2.5in laptop hard...
The Buffalo MiniStation Air is a portable hard drive with a 500GB capacity, USB 3.0, built-in wireless capabilities, and a battery. It can be used to distribute videos, music and photos to your mobile devices, both Android and iOS. Because it's wirel...
Seagate's Wireless Plus external hard drive is designed to be used primarily with smartphones and tablets. It features a 1TB capacity and a USB 3.0 interface, as well as 802.11n Wi-Fi and an internal battery. You can use it anywhere to stream content...
The Thecus N5550 is a five-bay network attached storage (NAS) device that's capable of fulfilling many tasks. Its primary purpose is to keep your data secure via drive redundancy, built-in virus scanning and back-up procedures, but it can also be use...
OCZ's Vector solid state drive (SSD) is a high-performance model that's aimed at high-end consumer and workstation users. It comes in a 2.5in form factor that's suitable for installation either in a desktop or a notebook and it's a solid unit that's ...
Intel's latest solid state drive, the SSD 335 Series, is touted as being the first SSD in the industry to ship with 20 nanometre flash memory chips, made jointly by Intel and Micron Technology. The smaller chips are a natural progression for the indu...
OCZ is a flash memory company, with a solid history in enthusiast-level RAM since 2002. It’s since moved out of the RAM market, but has a great reputation for producing some of the best solid-state storage drives and USB flash drives available.
OCZ's Vertex 3 low profile (LP) solid state drive (SSD) is aimed at those of you who have laptops that only take 7mm thick, 2.5in drives. It provides an upgrade path that is more about increasing speed and efficiency rather than adding a higher capac...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
- What one company learned from testing Intel's superfast Optane SSDs
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTProgram SchedulerVIC
- CCProject Delivery LeadQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- CCPeopleSoft Functional AnalystVIC
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEQLD
- TPTechnical ConsultantACT
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTDigital Marketing Manager | Initial 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieQLD
- TPAV Design Specialist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCGIS DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCICT Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSQL BI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior IT Project ManagerSA