SanDisk's Connect Wireless Media Drive is a highly mobile storage device that can be used to wirelessly serve media to your smartphone or tablet, whether it's based on Android or iOS. The Wireless Media Drive is available with either 32GB or 64GB of ...
Servers & Storage - Reviews
SanDisk’s Ultra Dual USB Drive is a USB drive with two connectors. On one side there is a micro-USB head for Android phones and tablets. On the other is a USB 2.0 connector for computers. The purpose of dual-head connections is for easy file transfe...
Verbatim’s latest USB drive makes it possible to transfer multimedia files to an Android smartphone or tablet without using a computer. It’s an ideal solution for people who want to share content between their Android devices without having to instal...
The term 'personal cloud' is one that comes up when you look at the features of the WD My Cloud, mainly because it's a network attached storage (NAS) device that allows your personal data to be securely accessed over the Internet through a computer o...
WD's My Cloud EX4 is a 4-bay, network attached storage (NAS) device that's aimed at those of you who work in a small office or home office environment, and, specifically, at those of you who might not have otherwise considered getting a NAS device. Y...
Imation's 2-in-1 Micro USB Flash drive for Android may not be the most imaginatively named product of 2013, but it's definitely an interesting product, and one that's bound to appeal to data-swapping Android users who swing recent smartphones or tabl...
Though otherwise a fairly standard NAS box, the AS-304T’s HDMI output and USB keyboard/mouse support allow it to function as a full-featured XMBC media centre.
The Seagate Central is a network attached storage device (or simply NAS) that doesn’t really look like a typical NAS. It has a compact size, not many flashing lights, and there is nothing much to it except a couple of ports on the back, and a hard dr...
This four-bay ‘personal cloud storage system’ aims to combine consumer-level ease of use with power-user functionality. The My Cloud EX4 is targeted at power-users and the SOHO/SMB market.
Storage giant WD follows its My Book Live range with the new ‘My Cloud’, a personal cloud device that looks neat, but isn’t as fluffy and cloud-like as the name might suggest.
WD’s My Passport Slim is one of the first pocketable drives on the market to pack a capacity of 1TB. Previously, the My Passport range with the ‘Slim’ designation topped out at 500GB, and Seagate’s competing ‘Slim’ is still sitting at that lower capa...
G-Technology's G-Dock ev with Thunderbolt is one of the most impressive pieces of hardware on the market as far as external storage is concerned. It's an external drive docking system with two drive bays and it can be set up to facilitate super-fast ...
Synology has announced that an upgrade to the DiskStation Manager (DSM) software for its NAS (network attached storage) devices will be forthcoming in the next couple of weeks. Find out what's new and whether your Synology NAS will be compatible with...
If you’re looking to speed up an old or even a new PC or laptop, buying a solid-state drive is one of the smartest choices you can make. OCZ’s Vertex 450 is a relatively cheap, still-super-fast SSD that is largely comparable to the current market lea...
No matter how fast your home network, Internet, or ‘the cloud’ gets, there’s always something to be said for the reliability, simplicity and ease of use of a portable external hard drive to store all your important data. Seagate’s Slim portable drive...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 3 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 5 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
- What one company learned from testing Intel's superfast Optane SSDs
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Technical LeadQLD
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- CCSSIS / SSRS DeveloperNSW
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWNSW
- FTNetwork Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Integration OfficerQLD
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPSharepoint DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment and Trading PlatformNSW
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTTest Manager / Test LeadQLD
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCABAP ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC