Looking at the design of the Personal Cloud Home Media Storage drive, it’s clear that Seagate thinks it should reside right near your TV in your home entertainment unit. It looks as if it’s a set-top box or PVR rather than a traditional NAS device, a...
Servers & Storage - Reviews
The metal styling of the Seagate Seven gives this portable, 2.5in hard drive an interesting look and feel compared to most other drives. It’s not just a regular rectangle. Instead it has a somewhat sculpted design that is made to look like a bare int...
With the iXpand drive, SanDisk is providing an on-the-go flash device for users of iPhones and iPads. It has been designed to be plug-and-play (after you install and app for it), and at its most basic level it’s a two-headed flash drive with both USB...
It's easy to get excited about NAS devices these days. That may sound funny, but devices such as the Asustor AS5002T that we're reviewing here allow you to do a whole more than just store data. Of course, storing data is an integral function of any N...
Synology’s DiskStation DS215j is a NAS device that can be used for a lot more than just housing and backing up your data. It features the latest version of the company's DiskStation Manager operating system (DSM 5.1), and it allows for a vast array o...
Storage companies are now pro-mobile as they release hard drives equipped with wireless smarts. Seagate released its Wireless Plus in August, which scored well in Good Gear Guide’s review, and now rival Western Digital is adding its contribution to t...
If you ask Seagate, network attached storage (NAS) devices are no longer IT-driven, but instead crossing over to the mainstream. For this reason, it makes sense that NAS devices for home office users and families be easy to install and maintain. The ...
The Thecus N2310 is a small, two-bay network attached storage (NAS) device that’s designed primarily for home users. Compared to many NAS devices, it’s a good looking unit with reasonable build quality, and it possesses many of the features that are ...
Promise Technology’s NS6700 NAS device is a solidly built unit that’s designed for serious data storage and backup operations. It’s not as obviously resplendent with features as other NAS devices we’ve seen recently; for example, you have to dig arou...
Seagate's Wireless Plus is a hard drive that has ditched the tether of a USB cable as it gets with the mobile times of smartphones, tablets and streaming devices, such as Google’s Chromecast.
Seagate's Business Storage 2-Bay NAS is network storage at its most sincere. It's a product that isn't high in 'wow' factor when you compare it to the likes of Asustor, Qnap or Synology, but it's serviceable as a repository for backups and any files ...
SanDisk has such supreme confidence in its products that it's offering a 10-year warranty on its latest solid state drive, the Extreme Pro SSD. It's the first time such a long warranty has been offered on a consumer drive, and it's sure to be one of ...
The Lexar High Performance microSDXC UHS-I card is a class 10, 64GB card bundled with a tiny USB 3.0 stick. It’s a simple product, but its simplicity lies in the functionality that it provides. You can use this microSD card to rapidly transfer files ...
Portable hard drives with fantastical speed ratings have now hit the market from both WD and Seagate. In Seagate's case, its Backup Plus Fast has a massive capacity of 4TB, and it aims to please PC users by providing faster than 200MBps transfers ove...
With the My Passport Pro, WD is aiming at users who require a fast portable hard drive, yet also a very high capacity drive to deal with large amounts of data. It has achieved both speed and capacity by putting two hard drives in the same enclosure a...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Core i9 and X299 enable crazy RAID configurations for a price
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork Engineer - Level 2ACT
- CCStorage SpecialistVIC
- FTSales / Account ManagerOther
- TPSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTPlatform/Technology Manager | Security & GovernanceOther
- FTJunior-Mid level Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCGuidewire Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- CCProject Manager - Panviva Knowledge Management Project - TelcoVIC
- TPTest AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness Process AnalystVIC
- CCExecutive Desktop SupportWA
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | AI & AutomationOther
- FTLevel 3- Production Support Team LeaderACT
- CCBusiness Support/Project AdministratorVIC
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- TPPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSalesforce DeveloperOther
- FTProject Manager-Rail/ Telecommunication /Electrical engineeringOther
- TPBusiness Analyst - Workplace Assessment & InfrastructureQLD
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorOther
- FTDigital Technology ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther