With the iXpand drive, SanDisk is providing an on-the-go flash device for users of iPhones and iPads. It has been designed to be plug-and-play (after you install and app for it), and at its most basic level it’s a two-headed flash drive with both USB...
Servers & Storage - Reviews
It's easy to get excited about NAS devices these days. That may sound funny, but devices such as the Asustor AS5002T that we're reviewing here allow you to do a whole more than just store data. Of course, storing data is an integral function of any N...
Synology’s DiskStation DS215j is a NAS device that can be used for a lot more than just housing and backing up your data. It features the latest version of the company's DiskStation Manager operating system (DSM 5.1), and it allows for a vast array o...
Storage companies are now pro-mobile as they release hard drives equipped with wireless smarts. Seagate released its Wireless Plus in August, which scored well in Good Gear Guide’s review, and now rival Western Digital is adding its contribution to t...
If you ask Seagate, network attached storage (NAS) devices are no longer IT-driven, but instead crossing over to the mainstream. For this reason, it makes sense that NAS devices for home office users and families be easy to install and maintain. The ...
The Thecus N2310 is a small, two-bay network attached storage (NAS) device that’s designed primarily for home users. Compared to many NAS devices, it’s a good looking unit with reasonable build quality, and it possesses many of the features that are ...
Promise Technology’s NS6700 NAS device is a solidly built unit that’s designed for serious data storage and backup operations. It’s not as obviously resplendent with features as other NAS devices we’ve seen recently; for example, you have to dig arou...
Seagate's Wireless Plus is a hard drive that has ditched the tether of a USB cable as it gets with the mobile times of smartphones, tablets and streaming devices, such as Google’s Chromecast.
Seagate's Business Storage 2-Bay NAS is network storage at its most sincere. It's a product that isn't high in 'wow' factor when you compare it to the likes of Asustor, Qnap or Synology, but it's serviceable as a repository for backups and any files ...
SanDisk has such supreme confidence in its products that it's offering a 10-year warranty on its latest solid state drive, the Extreme Pro SSD. It's the first time such a long warranty has been offered on a consumer drive, and it's sure to be one of ...
The Lexar High Performance microSDXC UHS-I card is a class 10, 64GB card bundled with a tiny USB 3.0 stick. It’s a simple product, but its simplicity lies in the functionality that it provides. You can use this microSD card to rapidly transfer files ...
Portable hard drives with fantastical speed ratings have now hit the market from both WD and Seagate. In Seagate's case, its Backup Plus Fast has a massive capacity of 4TB, and it aims to please PC users by providing faster than 200MBps transfers ove...
With the My Passport Pro, WD is aiming at users who require a fast portable hard drive, yet also a very high capacity drive to deal with large amounts of data. It has achieved both speed and capacity by putting two hard drives in the same enclosure a...
Netgear’s ReadyNAS 104 (RN10400) storage device can be used not just for backing up data on your home or small business networks, it can also be used to stream media across your local network to TVs, consoles, tablets and smartphones, as well as prov...
The beauty of Asustor’s AS-202TE NAS device is in its operating system. It provides a desktop-like environment that allows you to accomplish things much in the same way you would if using a regular computer. In fact, you could use this network attach...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
- What one company learned from testing Intel's superfast Optane SSDs
- New, colourful LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- FTIT Test ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTLevel 2 Software & Hardware Support position.VIC
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- FTAsst. Director - Claim AnalysisACT
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMACT
- FTSystems Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW