Virtualization may spell doom for the 1U "pizza box" server, as the ability to pack multiple virtual machines onto physical hosts has customers choosing larger standard servers and blades.
Servers & Storage - News
Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday gave a strong, though qualified, endorsement for running Windows 7 on PCs equipped with solid-state disk (SSD) drives, saying it has tuned the upcoming operating system to run faster on the still-emerging storage technology...
Blade servers based on microprocessors designed in China will power a supercomputer prototype to be revealed by a government-backed Chinese firm in September, the company said Tuesday.
Jive Software launched on Monday a SaaS version of its enterprise collaboration suite designed to be easier and faster for organizations to set up.
Verizon Communications Inc.'s business division Wednesday announced the global launch of its Verizon Remote Backup and Restore program, an expanded suite of managed services that perform automatic data backup and restore functions for servers and PCs...
Via Technologies may try to extend the use of its Nano processors from netbooks to servers in a potential challenge to Intel and Advanced Micro Devices, although the battle will be an uphill one, analysts said.
Microsoft will take aim at IBM Thursday in a Web campaign touting Windows Server on Intel-based hardware as a better, more economical performer than IBM's AIX and RISC server platform.
China could gradually become a big market for Blu-ray Disc, but for now the optical disc format faces the problems of thrifty buyers, piracy and a competing Chinese disc format for playing high-definition video.
Microsoft runs the risk of cannibalizing some server sales with the release of Windows Server 2008 Foundation Edition, a low-end version of the server operating system that will ship installed on servers that cost as little as US$500. But the potenti...
The NSW Electoral Commission (NSWEC) will leave Linux for Windows Server when it develops its new vote counting and reporting application, which is slated to cost $1.4 million over the next two years.
U.K. archiving software vendor Clearpace is launching a virtual appliance version of its data compression product NParchive, it said on Wednesday.
Amazon is inviting students, educators and researchers to apply for grants that will give them free access to the company's hosted computing services.
Microsoft Tuesday opened its annual management confab saying it would ship the next version of Operations Manager by the end of June and laying out its efforts to manage data centers and virtualized environments.
Hitachi Data Systems Tuesday announced the release of three new software products to provide enhanced monitoring of business applications, virtualized servers and the storage they use.
Sun Microsystems reported a sharp drop in revenue for its third fiscal quarter, as the company battled uncertainty about its future along with the global recession.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
- What one company learned from testing Intel's superfast Optane SSDs
- New, colourful LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject ManagerQLD
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Analysis | Business Case | ProcurementVIC
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystACT
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystNSW
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- FTTelecommunications Installation ManagerSA
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- TPProject Co-ordinatorNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTSystem Administrator App-VACT
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC