Hewlett-Packard on Monday announced a pair of servers aimed at companies that want to build large-scale computing clusters while maximizing data center space.
Servers & Storage - News
There is a race to make supercomputers as powerful as possible to solve some of the world's most important problems, including climate change, the need for ultra-long-life batteries for cars, operating fusion reactors with plasma that reaches 150 mil...
A Cray supercomputer at Oak Ridge National Laboratory has regained the title of the world's most powerful supercomputer, overtaking the installation that was ranked at the top in June, while China entered the Top 10 with a hybrid Intel-AMD system.
Citrix's desktop virtualization customers are still using VMware's server hypervisor on the back end, but a Citrix executive claims a shift away from VMware is afoot.
With VMware's release of View 4 last week, the company is promising two things: Full desktop performance at a desktop price tag.
Google has always been generous with its storage space for Gmail and Picasa, giving users roughly 7GB and 1GB, respectively, for free. For most people, this is plenty of room to accumulate e-mail and post high-resolution photos online and have them ...
Amazon Web Services will expand its footprint to Asia-Pacific during the first half of 2010, the cloud-computing infrastructure vendor said Thursday.
The $1.25 billion Intel/AMD settlement announced Thursday could improve competition in the server hardware market and solve some lingering problems related to server virtualization, analysts say.
If you really, really need to make sure those precious photos of yours last virtually forever - or at least longer than the average two- to five-year lifespan of consumer-grade DVDs, then start-up Cranberry LLC has the answer for you: a DVD that lite...
The European Space Agency plans to launch a new scanning satellite to map the stars in our galaxy in more precise form than ever before, and researchers supporting the project, called Gaia, are evaluating whether Amazon's cloud computing service can ...
Flash storage vendor OCZ Technology Group Inc. this week announced that it plans to use controllers from SandForce Inc. in its next generation of consumer and enterprise-class solid state drives (SSDs).
Intel Corp. will release a $120 solid-state disk (SSD) drive positioned as a server "boot drive" with only 40GB of capacity, but the drive could also be used in low-end laptops PCs and netbooks.
The European Commission has issued its formal "statement of objections" over Oracle's planned acquisition of Sun Microsystems, Sun said in a regulatory filing Monday.
When Microsoft releases the next version of its productivity suite, Office 2010, it will be into a very different competitive landscape than the one Office 2007 faced in late 2006.
There aren't that many organisations which would consider consolidating 60 servers holding the most critical customer-facing applications down to one mainframe in the space of a weekend.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
- What one company learned from testing Intel's superfast Optane SSDs
- New, colourful LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton
- Western Digital begins production of the world's tallest 3D NAND 'skyscraper'
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Implementation Manager - Wealth AdviceNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCApplications Support/ DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTPMO Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTWeb Developers - .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCEngineer/Developer - Comptel - TelcoVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- FTTeam Leader Application SupportVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTChange Management LeadNSW
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystACT