Australia's newest and most powerful supercomputer, set to rocket into the world's top 40, will be launched in Canberra today.
Servers & Storage - News
Three-dimensional Web technologies will save the high-performance computing industry from its current state of financial stagnation, Intel CTO Justin Rattner predicted at the SC09 supercomputing conference in Portland, Ore. Tuesday.
Elastra has announced the availability of its Cloud Server platform, which lets enterprises build public-private computing clouds, it said on Tuesday.
Diskeeper Corp. today launched software that it says prevents up to 85% of hard drive fragmentation on Microsoft Windows systems, thereby improving performance and virtually eliminating the scheduled, automatic or manual task of defragmentation.
Hewlett-Packard is trying to tackle concerns about the cost and complexity of thin-client computing with new products and tools announced Tuesday.
Nearly two years after unveiling its experimental 80-core chip, Intel Corp. is getting ready to show off its next incarnation of a high-powered, energy-efficient many-core research chip.
An ambitious plan by Japan to build the most powerful computer in the world stands on the brink of collapse this week after a government panel recommended funding for the project be virtually eliminated.
Hewlett-Packard on Monday announced a pair of servers aimed at companies that want to build large-scale computing clusters while maximizing data center space.
There is a race to make supercomputers as powerful as possible to solve some of the world's most important problems, including climate change, the need for ultra-long-life batteries for cars, operating fusion reactors with plasma that reaches 150 mil...
A Cray supercomputer at Oak Ridge National Laboratory has regained the title of the world's most powerful supercomputer, overtaking the installation that was ranked at the top in June, while China entered the Top 10 with a hybrid Intel-AMD system.
Citrix's desktop virtualization customers are still using VMware's server hypervisor on the back end, but a Citrix executive claims a shift away from VMware is afoot.
With VMware's release of View 4 last week, the company is promising two things: Full desktop performance at a desktop price tag.
Google has always been generous with its storage space for Gmail and Picasa, giving users roughly 7GB and 1GB, respectively, for free. For most people, this is plenty of room to accumulate e-mail and post high-resolution photos online and have them ...
Amazon Web Services will expand its footprint to Asia-Pacific during the first half of 2010, the cloud-computing infrastructure vendor said Thursday.
The $1.25 billion Intel/AMD settlement announced Thursday could improve competition in the server hardware market and solve some lingering problems related to server virtualization, analysts say.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Core i9 and X299 enable crazy RAID configurations for a price
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Manager - Implementation Lead - CS restucture**NSW
- FTIT PMO OfficerOther
- FTTalent Acquisition Specialist - Large Blue Chip clientOther
- FTReporting Analyst / Admin Support - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCTalend Open Studio Data Integration ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTAgile Scrum Master/TrainerOther
- FTDevOps Lead / Identity Services Security LeadOther
- CCPalo Alto Network Security Expert - BrisbaneACT
- FTDesktop Support OfficerOther
- FTJuniper EngineerOther
- FTICT System TrainersACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCMid-Senior Project OfficerNSW
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- TPSolutions ArchitectQLD
- FTDrupal DeveloperQLD
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst - PageUp implementationOther
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPBusiness Process AnalystVIC
- FTPMO Business AnalystACT
- FTWeb Developer - VR 3D WebGL - Lake MacquarieNSW
- FTDesktop Support Engineer - L1Other
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTData EngineerOther