IBM's claim that it has designed the first brain simulation to exceed the scale of a cat's cortex is being dismissed as "a hoax and a PR stunt" by a rival scientist.
Servers & Storage - News
In June, Iceland-based CCP Games brought the hammer down on a group of resource hogs that were clogging its data center.
Data Robotics today released its first iSCSI SAN storage array that, like its other low-end arrays, manages itself and allows any capacity or brand of disk drive to be mixed, matched and exchanged without any downtime.
Cloud computing users face problems including loss of control over data, difficulties proving compliance, and additional legal risks as data moves from one legal jurisdiction to another, according to a assessement of cloud computing risks from the Eu...
Oracle and Sun Microsystems have been granted an extra week to defend their planned US$7 billion merger in front of European regulators, the European Commission said Friday.
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Former Vice President Al Gore today told an audience of scientists, programmers and system builders at the SC09 conference here that their work is essential in the effort to avoid global catastrophe caused by climate change.
Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff on Thursday attempted to cement an image of the vendor as a full-blown application development platform provider, not merely a purveyor of SaaS (software-as-a-service) applications.
After pulling a firmware upgrade for its X25-M consumer solid state drive last month due to user complaints, Intel Corp. indicated today that it would be re-issuing the upgrade by the end of this month.
Microsoft announced that its Azure cloud computing platform will be launched into production on January 1st of 2010. Chief software architect Ray Ozzie also unveiled details of a cloud computing project, codenamed 'Dallas'.
Sun Microsystems Inc. today announced upgrades to its Sun Storage 7000 family of disk arrays that double the performance and capacity from a maximum of 288TB to 576TB in a 4U (7-in) space. The company is also now offering high-speed InfiniBand connec...
Australia's newest and most powerful supercomputer, set to rocket into the world's top 40, will be launched in Canberra today.
Three-dimensional Web technologies will save the high-performance computing industry from its current state of financial stagnation, Intel CTO Justin Rattner predicted at the SC09 supercomputing conference in Portland, Ore. Tuesday.
Elastra has announced the availability of its Cloud Server platform, which lets enterprises build public-private computing clouds, it said on Tuesday.
Diskeeper Corp. today launched software that it says prevents up to 85% of hard drive fragmentation on Microsoft Windows systems, thereby improving performance and virtually eliminating the scheduled, automatic or manual task of defragmentation.
Hewlett-Packard is trying to tackle concerns about the cost and complexity of thin-client computing with new products and tools announced Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
- What one company learned from testing Intel's superfast Optane SSDs
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTERP Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTQueue ManagerACT
- CCSQL Analyst DeveloperNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTDemand Release ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem Engineer - VMWare, UCS, NetAppVIC
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTField Technician - Radio communication serviceACT
- CCXML DeveloperVIC
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- TPSenior Business Systems AnalystQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- FTReport Developer and Visualisation AnalystQLD
- CCSupport Contract Officer - NV2ACT
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW