Vint Cerf, a co-designer of the Internet's TCP/IP protocols and considered a father of the Internet itself, emphasized the need for data portability standards for cloud computing during an appearance on Thursday evening.
Servers & Storage - News
CES may have "consumer" right in its name, but this year's show featured plenty of hot new products aimed squarely at small and midsized businesses.
Seagate Ltd. today at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas released its first USB SuperSpeed 3.0-enabled external hard disk drive, the BlackArmor PS110, which has up to three times the performance of its previous USB 2.0 products.
A spokesperson for Western Digital has told PC World that Australians will likely see the first external hard drives with USB 3.0 connectivity by the end of the month.
Ever wanted a simple way to access your home or office servers remotely? If yes, then look no further than the new myDitto system from Dane-Elec. The consumer electronics manufacturer unveiled the novel myDitto cloud-storage solution yesterday, and ...
Marvell Technology Group showed off a new version of its tiny, green Plug Computer that boasts a much faster CPU.
In a development likely to be closely watched by Google Inc., Amazon.com, Microsoft Corp. and other vendors, the US Federal Trade Commission is examining potential threats to consumer privacy and data security posed by cloud computing services.
Slots that support faster SDXC flash storage cards are reaching consumer electronics devices, which could boost the performance of devices like camcorders and digital cameras, multiple companies said on Tuesday.
Western Digital Corp. (WD) today introduced its fastest My Book external hard drive, which uses the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface that's up to 10 times faster than previous-generation USB 2.0 drives.
We're used to seeing a processor as an integral part of the specs for a PC, but not so for network-attached storage (NAS). And yet that's how manufacturers, including QNAP, are boosting the performance of NAS devices. The company today introduced sev...
Kingston Technology is recalling certain models of its DataTraveler secure USB flash drives in order to update firmware on the thumb drives after a security company found a flaw that could allow a hacker to gain access to the user's password.
A petition launched in December by MySQL creator Michael 'Monty' Widenius to "save" the open-source database from Oracle has quickly gained momentum, collecting nearly 17,000 signatures.
It's no secret that the capacities of portable hard drives are on the up, but what about those portable flash drives? Fear not, as flash memory maker Power Quotient International (PQI) announced this Tuesday a new sizable addition to their "Cool Driv...
South Korea's Fair Trade Commission has closed an antitrust investigation of the flash memory industry, concluding that there is no evidence of a pricing cartel.
A former employee of Seagate Technology claims that the company destroyed evidence that could have affected a long-standing patent infringement lawsuit filed against it by engineering company Convolve Inc. and the Massachusetts Institute of Technolog...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
- What one company learned from testing Intel's superfast Optane SSDs
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPReporting DeveloperWA
- TPSenior Integration OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment and Trading PlatformNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - Change and Process ImprovementQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- FTDelivery Analyst | $62 p/hrVIC
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- FTIT Security ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Data EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTFrontend developerNSW
- TPJunior Node.js DeveloperVIC
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CCPega DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTDatabase Engineer (Oracle)ACT
- FTSenior Analyst - Rostering ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC