New forms of off-line client-side storage, such as those specified by the emerging HTML 5 set of standards, could open entirely new kinds of attacks to Web application users, said Michael Sutton, vice president of security research for cloud security...
Servers & Storage - News
After about a year of delays, Intel today took the wrappers off its high-end Itanium processor - code-named Tukwila.
BlueLock, a little-known cloud-computing services provider, is rolling out a suite of services aimed at a wide range of customers, it announced Monday.
IBM on Monday launched its latest Power7 processor, which adds more cores and improved multithreading capabilities to boost the performance of servers requiring high up time.
Advanced Micro Devices will put more focus on tightly integrating graphics processor cores into mainstream servers starting 2012 as it tries to increase system performance, a company executive said.
Intel is preparing six-core chips for high-end desktops and servers for release in the first half of this year, the company said Wednesday.
Dell is hatching a plan to take some of the custom servers designed by its Data Center Solutions division for Web giants such as Yahoo and Facebook and sell them to a wider range of companies, including large enterprises, Dell executives said.
Intel Corp. and Micron Technology Inc. on Monday plan to announce the world's first 25-nanometer NAND flash technology, which will make it possible to double the storage capacity of devices like smartphones, music and media players, and solid-state d...
NASA is aiming to improve its climate research capabilities by creating a software-as-a-service interface for scientists and students who need to build complex climate models.
For Logiq the decision to go with a cloud-based provider of IT infrastructure as a service (IaaS) was a matter of cost and flexibility.
Oracle will pare back Sun Microsystems' server lines and move to a build-to-order model to cut costs and get the hardware company back to profitability, Oracle executives said on Wednesday.
For all the hype around cloud computing, few business customers are actually storing data on Web-based platforms, according to a new study that casts doubt on the popularity of cloud storage.
James Gosling, the father of the Java programming language, posted the image of a tombstone on his blog last week, an R.I.P., for Sun Microsystems. Before long. more than 800 employees, outside developers and others had posted comments.
The U.S. Energy Department's Sandia National Laboratories is investigating the possibility of using virtualization to allow its researchers to make better use of its behemoth Red Storm supercomputer. Researchers from Northwestern University and the U...
Most external hard drives share the same basic aesthetic features: A plastic or metal shell and some blinking lights. For something different, check out the VHS hard drives offered on the Etsy (an Ebay-like site for handmade goods).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
- What one company learned from testing Intel's superfast Optane SSDs
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTCustomer Service OperatorVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - Cloud ServicesVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTAppian DeveloperQLD
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTIteration ManagerQLD
- FTIT Systems EngineerQLD
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- CCSecurity Business AnalystNSW
- FTReport Developer and Visualisation AnalystQLD
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectQLD
- TPAgile Projet AdministratorVIC
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTProject Manager / Web DeveloperVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- TPICT Customer Support Officer - ForsterNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- TPWeb Developer - Front End focusQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW