In the next year or two, Hewlett Packard Enterprise will add support for Intel Optane storage to its latest Unix servers.
Servers & Storage - News
If you can't afford Intel's superfast Optane SSDs but need a massive speed boost, the company's latest SSD DC P4600 and SSD DC P4500 SSDs may fill the need.
Minor relief is in sight next year, when prices of memory and NAND flash will start to gradually decline. But prices will plummet big time in 2019, said Jon Erensen, research director for semiconductors at Gartner.
The NVMe interconnect should allow for bigger and denser flash modules and faster application performance. Pure Storage is tapping into this potential with its new FlashArray//X.
Before release, Intel gave Optane SSDs to a select few who had a chance to get their hands dirty with the new technology for over a year.
Sony's latest PS4 System Software now supports external hard drive support for the game console, letting you expand the storage from its original 500GB. Network World editor Keith Shaw shows you how to add the storage without needing a screwdriver (b...
The new LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton, an award-winning Scottish product designer. It’s nice to see a rugged portable hard drive with function and form.
WD today announced its densest 3D NAND -- a 64-layer product that it plans to begin shipping later this year.
Western Digital has developed a monstrous 14TB hard drive that is now shipping for testing to customers.
Time to add SSDs to your hoarding list. Citing a transition in technology and increased demand, NAND prices are expected to begin heading north next year, analysts say.
There's a lot of excitement about Intel's superfast Optane SSDs, but products won't be on shelves this year as the chipmaker had earlier promised.
You probably can't fit it in your pocket, but Seagate's 5TB portable hard drive won't weight down your backpack either.
The OpenCAPI Consortium and Gen-Z are announcing new ports and protocols that will give computers faster memory, storage, and processors.
Seagate pushes the 2.5-inch drive needle all the way to 5TB.
ADATA recently launched what it calls its smallest and fastest external SSD, a 250GB drive that happens to be waterproof and shock resistant to military standards. But it falls short on speed and price.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 2 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 3 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 4 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
- What one company learned from testing Intel's superfast Optane SSDs
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCPega DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- CCSenior Process ModellerNSW
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - GROUP LIFE INSURANCENSW
- FTSenior SQL Database SpecialistACT
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTIteration ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- TPTechnical AnalystVIC
- FTSupport Engineer Level 3QLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCGIS Consultant/ Developer - BRISBANEQLD
- FTIT Support / Desktop SupportSA
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTManual TesterACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ProductsNSW