While the X5 is that much faster than the T5, you really have to be involved in an industry or hobby where that extra speed matters for it to really be worth the premium price.
Servers & Storage
Synology have launched DiskStation DS119j, a compact, 1-bay NAS.
If you’re willing to splurge on the larger sizings, the Seagate Fast SSD makes a very compelling case for itself.
The LaCie Rugged Secure is just a good if old-fashioned, outdoor-friendly external hard drive with a few modern touches.
If you’re the specialised user that Seagate is seeking out with the Copilot, rest assured, it delivers the goods. I just wish it delivered them a little cheaper, quicker and more consistently.
Seagate has launched a range of 14TB hard drives.
QNAP has released a new quad-core 3-bay NAS, the TS-332X, that allows for building a RAID 5 array for balancing capacity and protection with the fewest disks.
Crucial has launched its new BX500 SSD, available in a 2.5-inch form factor and 120GB, 240GB and 480GB capacities.
Crucial has announced the availability of DDR4 2933 MT/s Registered DIMM server modules.
Samsung has announced their new Samsung Portable SSD X5, the company's first portable storage product to rely on NVMe.
These are the top rated storage products we've tested in the last year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A5Xs review: Cutting corners
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Xiro Drone Xplorer V by Rapoo review
- 5 Bradley Digital Smoker review: Make a great barbecue even better
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Seagate show off new modular Lyve Drive storage solution
- Is there a better time to buy a giant MicroSD card for your Nintendo Switch than Black Friday?
- Seagate's new portable SSDs are as colorful as they are compact
- Western Digital announces Australian release of travel-ready SSD
- Samsung give a new coat of paint (and a discount) to their T5 SSD
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
I highly recommend the Dynabook Portégé® X30L-G notebook for everyday business use, it is a benchmark setting notebook of its generation in the lightweight category.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
- Sonos Arc review: The Main Event
- Soundbars: Why they’re worth it and which one should you buy
- Buying a laptop this EOFY? Here's a cheat sheet
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies