We visited Crucial's home turf to see what was coming.
Servers & Storage
We had a look at what was new in Patriot's suite at Computex 2017
We rocked up to Kingston and sub-brand, HyperX's suites at Computex to see what was new.
Here's what eight SSDs in RAID 0 looks like on the new Core i9 platform.
In the next year or two, Hewlett Packard Enterprise will add support for Intel Optane storage to its latest Unix servers.
If you can't afford Intel's superfast Optane SSDs but need a massive speed boost, the company's latest SSD DC P4600 and SSD DC P4500 SSDs may fill the need.
Minor relief is in sight next year, when prices of memory and NAND flash will start to gradually decline. But prices will plummet big time in 2019, said Jon Erensen, research director for semiconductors at Gartner.
The NVMe interconnect should allow for bigger and denser flash modules and faster application performance. Pure Storage is tapping into this potential with its new FlashArray//X.
Before release, Intel gave Optane SSDs to a select few who had a chance to get their hands dirty with the new technology for over a year.
For those who have wondered where I had gotten to, or why I hadn't been posting much (read: at all) there's a reasonable explanation. A few months ago I made the decision to run away from the circus that is yachting and gallivanting around St. Barts and St Tropez and instead I flew back to a city I hadn't lived in for over 15 years. Back to little old Auckland. It’s all a learning curve, right?
The new LaCie Rugged Thunderbolt USB-C was designed by Neil Poulton, an award-winning Scottish product designer. It’s nice to see a rugged portable hard drive with function and form.
WD today announced its densest 3D NAND -- a 64-layer product that it plans to begin shipping later this year.
Seagate's Personal Cloud 3TB NAS is only a single-bay NAS, but $140 for 3TB of storage and advanced software features is a steal.
For a NAS box with a boatload of software features and top-notch performance, the WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra is amazingly affordable.
These are the top rated storage products we've tested in the last year.
Need an all-in-one printer for your fast paced mobile lifestyle? Read this review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel's Core i9 and X299 enable crazy RAID configurations for a price
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
- Pure adds more NVMe with an eye to the next storage speed bump
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCRegional Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Maximo)NSW
- CCDigital Content SpecialistNSW
- FTSoftware Asset Management Co-ordinatorOther
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTDevOps ConsultantOther
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityNSW
- FTIntegration Architect- NSW GovernmentOther
- TP.Net Developer - Australian Government ICT ContractorACT
- FTICT TrainerOther
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantOther
- CCTechnical Project Manager - CloudNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperOther
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTUX UI DesignerACT
- FTProject Manager - Service Migration & DataNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- CCData ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior .NET DevelopersOther
- TPProject Officer (PMO)VIC
- FTTest ManagerACT
- FTFinancial AnalystOther
- FTCustomer Support Team LeadNSW
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveNSW