Western Digital Corp. have announced the successful development of four bits per cell, X4, flash memory architecture offering on 64-layer 3D NAND, BiCS3, technology.
Servers & Storage
Fundamentally, the Seagate innovate is a single 8TB 3.-inch, 5,400rpm Seagate enterprise mechanical hard disk in a box.
Intel has released a 64-layer TLC SSD that's cheaper, and considerably faster than Samsung's EVO. The king is dead--long live the king.
We visited Crucial's home turf to see what was coming.
We had a look at what was new in Patriot's suite at Computex 2017
We rocked up to Kingston and sub-brand, HyperX's suites at Computex to see what was new.
Here's what eight SSDs in RAID 0 looks like on the new Core i9 platform.
In the next year or two, Hewlett Packard Enterprise will add support for Intel Optane storage to its latest Unix servers.
If you can't afford Intel's superfast Optane SSDs but need a massive speed boost, the company's latest SSD DC P4600 and SSD DC P4500 SSDs may fill the need.
Minor relief is in sight next year, when prices of memory and NAND flash will start to gradually decline. But prices will plummet big time in 2019, said Jon Erensen, research director for semiconductors at Gartner.
The NVMe interconnect should allow for bigger and denser flash modules and faster application performance. Pure Storage is tapping into this potential with its new FlashArray//X.
Before release, Intel gave Optane SSDs to a select few who had a chance to get their hands dirty with the new technology for over a year.
For those who have wondered where I had gotten to, or why I hadn't been posting much (read: at all) there's a reasonable explanation. A few months ago I made the decision to run away from the circus that is yachting and gallivanting around St. Barts and St Tropez and instead I flew back to a city I hadn't lived in for over 15 years. Back to little old Auckland. It’s all a learning curve, right?
These are the top rated storage products we've tested in the last year.
Top tips to finding the right security solution for your needs
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- New development for Western Digital
- Intel's Core i9 and X299 enable crazy RAID configurations for a price
- HPE is bringing Optane storage to Unix servers
- These new super fast Intel SSDs provide a bridge to Optane
- Prices of SSDs and DRAM will crash in 2019, Gartner predicts
PCW Evaluation Team
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
- Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- GAMOSPHERE: Your August Roundup of Gaming News
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Intergration DeveloperNSW
- CCPrincipal Java DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTImplementation ManagerOther
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- CCDesktop Support Analyst / EngineerNSW
- CCIteration Lead - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- CCNetIQ Development OR Netiq Access ManagerNSW
- FTHR Consultant x 4 (resourcing area)Other
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTXPLAN TrainerOther
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - Up to $700/dayOther
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- TPProject Managment (Business Analysis/Project officer)**NSW
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical Architect - CANBERRA BASEDVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLean Six Sigma - Change ConsultantOther