The FBI’s refusal to reveal how it accessed an iPhone 5c from the San Bernardino shooter will face scrutiny in court. USA Today’s parent company and two other news group have filed a lawsuit against the agency, demanding it turn over the details.
"Where's Andrea?" That was the question on the lips of attendees at this week's No Such Con security conference.
The Uniden G1420 Digital Wireless Surveillance Pack is a camera kit that can be used for triggered, timed or manual surveillance recordings, and it's dead simple to set up and use.
Uniden's Guardian security kit is an attempt by the company to make home or office surveillance systems as simple as possible to install and use. The kit comprises two wireless cameras, one 7in tablet-style monitor and a base for the tablet. Video can be monitored live on the tablet, over a home network, or over the Internet. You don't even have to know much about networking to get all that working either.
If you're a fan of The Office, you might recall the character Angela setting up a live stream camera so she could watch her cats while at work.
The IronKey Personal S200 is possibly the slickest combination of software- and hardware-based security in the flash drive market. Though you log on via software, the S200 uses hardware encryption so there's no software running on your PC that can be hacked to intercept data. It's also stylishly rendered in brushed silver metal, rugged, and easy to use.
The Kingston DataTraveler 5000 (4GB) is a USB 2.0 flash drive designed for business users who regularly carry sensitive information. With an RRP of $165, the Kingston DataTraveler 5000 might seem a bit pricey for a 4GB thumb drive, but you’re not paying for memory. What you're buying here is protection -- something that the Kingston DataTraveler 5000 has in spades.
Earlier this month, Imation launched its Defender series of USB flash drives aimed at the consumer portable storage and data backup market.
Seagate's first network-attached (NAS) device, the BlackArmor NAS 440 (ST360005SHA10G-RK), offers the ability to encrypt volumes, easily manage RAID arrays and administer users. However, it's not without its flaws.
The iStorage diskGenie is a USB hard drive offering up to 500GB of storage. It features secure AES-256 encryption and is unlocked by a number keypad.
The Netgear ProSecure STM600 security appliance takes on small-to-midsize business stalwarts such as Fortinet and Barracuda by including antispam, antimalware, and web content filtering in a single unit that offers easy deployment and budget-preserving pricing.
Seagate calls its BlackArmor WS 110 a direct-attached storage (DAS) device, but in most respects it's a fairly standard external hard drive. Aimed at businesses looking to back up individual computers, the BlackArmor WS 110 provides AES 256-bit hardware encryption, extremely fast transfer speeds and comprehensive backup software.
SonicWall's unified threat management gear has embraced 802.11n wireless networks via a software upgrade and a new wireless controller under its Clean Wireless architecture, which scans for malicious traffic as it enters business networks from mobile devices.
The impact of the cloud and the as-a-service approach cannot be understated.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- USB Armory is the Swiss army knife of security devices
- SonicWall security devices embrace 802.11n
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHelpdesk OfficerSA
- FTJunior / Mid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperOther
- TPICT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - IT Product and PlanningOther
- FTService Desk Technical LeadOther
- CCBusiness/System Analyst- (Human Capital Management (HCM) )NSW
- TPLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- TPAgile Coach & Jira + Confluence AdministrationNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerQLD
- FTPEGA ArchitectOther
- CCICT Desktop Support OfficerACT
- FTTechnical Architect/DeveloperOther
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- CCXamarin Mobile DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PaymentsOther
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsACT
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW