Microsoft Monday said Vista SP1 will not be available until mid-March because the company is working out issues with some device drivers that lose functionality when the service pack is installed.
Security - News
A US judge has ordered a Las Vegas company to stop making weight-loss and anti-aging claims and to stop sending unsolicited e-mail, the US Federal Trade Commission announced this week.
Microsoft Monday wrapped up work on Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista SP1 and said both the server and client software will be generally available within the next month.
The researcher who last week revealed vulnerabilities in the photo uploader used by Facebook and MySpace Monday said that multiple flaws in Yahoo's music player program can be used to attack Windows PCs running Internet Explorer.
A Google-hosted blog is running phony security content that's linked to malware, as well as using Google's automated notification service to try to entice subscribers to click on an infected link, says one security expert.
Exploit code affecting an unpatched flaw in an image uploader used by both Facebook and MySpace is circulating publicly, putting users of the social networking sites at risk, according to security researchers.
While dealing logistically and technically with their overlapping online offerings will certainly prove troublesome if its bid to purchase Yahoo succeeds, Microsoft will at least have an immediate outlet for bringing more of its traditional desktop p...
Microsoft Friday rocked the industry with its offer to buy Yahoo. Clearly, the battle lines against Google are poised to be redrawn, and other areas of the Web that Microsoft is fighting for, including services it can combine with its on-premise sof...
Romance is out and sex is in, according to security experts who said the Mega-Dik botnet has ousted the infamous Storm as the most prolific sender of spam.
Just two days before it was to end support for Netscape Navigator, on Wednesday AOL gave the browser a last-minute reprieve, saying it would extend support until March 1.
Skype plugged yet another critical vulnerability Thursday, but the researcher who reported the bug said that's not enough.
Attacks on instant messaging systems continued to grow more sophisticated and dangerous in January, according to Akonix, a vendor of messaging security systems.
Security researchers Tuesday said they'd discredited Microsoft's claim that the year's first critical Windows vulnerability would be "difficult and unlikely" to be exploited by attackers.
New attacks using rigged Microsoft Word documents have been launched, a security company said Tuesday as it warned users to be leery of mail touting news about Tibet.
Microsoft's Windows Vista recorded about half as many vulnerabilities in its first full year of availability as Windows XP did in its opening 12 months, company security executives said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Digital signature service DocuSign hacked and email addresses stolen
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- Paying the WannaCry ransom will probably get you nothing. Here's why.
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTIntermediate Project ManagerQLD
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEWA
- FTChange & Communications AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCDevOps Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- TPDigital Business Analyst - AgileQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCUX DeveloperQLD
- FTData Analyst | $51 p/hrVIC
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Technology and StrategyQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD