Parents who are concerned about their children being exposed to sexual predators and harassment on the Internet need to stop thinking of social networking sites, such as MySpace.com and Facebook, as the biggest threats.
Security - News
Think personal robots are still the stuff of sci-fi movies? Think again.
Apple has released a security fix for its QuickTime media player software, fixing a critical bug that had been worrying security experts for nearly a month.
One of Denmark's largest ISPs is considering fighting a court order to shut off its subscribers' access to The Pirate Bay, the embattled file-sharing search engine.
Paying customers may not get their hands on Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) for weeks, but pirates can download the brand-new code today, according to searches at several BitTorrent trackers.
Adobe has released an update that fixes vulnerabilities in its widely used Reader document viewing program.
Microsoft Monday said Vista SP1 will not be available until mid-March because the company is working out issues with some device drivers that lose functionality when the service pack is installed.
A US judge has ordered a Las Vegas company to stop making weight-loss and anti-aging claims and to stop sending unsolicited e-mail, the US Federal Trade Commission announced this week.
Microsoft Monday wrapped up work on Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista SP1 and said both the server and client software will be generally available within the next month.
The researcher who last week revealed vulnerabilities in the photo uploader used by Facebook and MySpace Monday said that multiple flaws in Yahoo's music player program can be used to attack Windows PCs running Internet Explorer.
A Google-hosted blog is running phony security content that's linked to malware, as well as using Google's automated notification service to try to entice subscribers to click on an infected link, says one security expert.
Exploit code affecting an unpatched flaw in an image uploader used by both Facebook and MySpace is circulating publicly, putting users of the social networking sites at risk, according to security researchers.
While dealing logistically and technically with their overlapping online offerings will certainly prove troublesome if its bid to purchase Yahoo succeeds, Microsoft will at least have an immediate outlet for bringing more of its traditional desktop p...
Microsoft Friday rocked the industry with its offer to buy Yahoo. Clearly, the battle lines against Google are poised to be redrawn, and other areas of the Web that Microsoft is fighting for, including services it can combine with its on-premise sof...
Romance is out and sex is in, according to security experts who said the Mega-Dik botnet has ousted the infamous Storm as the most prolific sender of spam.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- A vigilante hacker may have built a computer worm to protect the IoT
- Suspected CIA spying tools linked to hacks in 16 countries
- The iCloud hackers' bitcoin ransom looks like a fake
- WikiLeaks: CIA used bits of Carberp Trojan code for malware deployment
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolution Architect (Voice/DATA/Network)SA
- FTHR Learning Management ExpertNSW
- FTChange Management LeadNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCProcess Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM DeveloperVIC
- FTFinance Analyst with Accounting | 8 Month ContractVIC
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCProcess Specialist - TelcoVIC