Firefox 3.0's memory consumption is "dramatically improved," claimed Mozilla's chief engineer, because developers have aggressively attacked the open-source browser's notorious memory "leaks."
Security - News
Using peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing applications on the job raises the risk that confidential data residing on a user's PC might be inadvertently exposed to a cybercriminal, says the head of a security vendor.
The update to Office 2004 for Mac that Microsoft released this week also patched a long-standing bug that erased messages, contacts and other information from Entourage 2004 accounts on Exchange mail servers, the company confirmed in a support docume...
The Hillary Clinton election campaign is being exploited in a spam message that tries to trick users into downloading a Trojan to their desktops by pretending to offer a link to a video of a Hillary Clinton campaign speech. "It's the first time we've...
Firefox 3.0's new anti-malware blocker, a tool that prevents some malicious pages from loading, is the browser upgrade's most important new security feature.
Just one day after Microsoft issued a massive set of security patches for its software, hackers have begun posting code showing how to exploit one of the flaws.
Why have a key to open your front door when you can have an RFID tag implanted in your arm to unlock the door? Ever since he was a young boy, Jonathan Oxer has been fascinated by manipulating electronic devices to his mischievous ends.
The FBI and the US Internet Crime Complaint Center today said that with Valentine's Day approaching, users should be on the lookout for spam e-mails spreading Storm Worm malware.
[[xref: http://www.microsoftsubnet.com|Microsoft]] Tuesday released 11 security patches, six with the highest rating of "critical" that span Windows, Office, and Internet Explorer, but some say it is a combination of two non-critical vulnerabilities ...
The bug fixes kept coming Monday, as Apple shipped critical security updates for its Mac OS X operating system.
Hackers now mask virtually every Web browser exploit as part of their normal procedure to evade detection by security software, said IBM's X-Force research team Tuesday.
Microsoft is including a set of nonsecurity updates that prepare customers to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 as part of its monthly "Patch Tuesday" security fixes.
The flaws disclosed last week in Adobe System's Reader and Acrobat programs have been used to exploit computers since at least January via malicious banner advertisements, security analysts are reporting.
Attackers have been exploiting one of the recently-revealed vulnerabilities in Adobe Reader for at least three weeks, security researchers said today, with one estimating the infection count at "many thousands" so far.
Apple on Monday issued its first security update for the year, patching at least 10 vulnerabilities in Mac OS X as it also upgraded Leopard to Version 10.5.2 after weeks of speculation on its release date.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Digital signature service DocuSign hacked and email addresses stolen
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- Paying the WannaCry ransom will probably get you nothing. Here's why.
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTSenior Agile ConsultantOther
- FTPerformance TesterOther
- FTManager, Cyber SecurityOther
- FTDeputy Chief Engineer - Defence Systems - IT Services - Nowra BasedNSW
- CCPEGA Developers, Architects and Integrators - multiple requirementsACT
- FTHardware Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Program ManagerNSW
- FTWindows 10 Project EngineerOther
- TPSenior Communications ManagerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Investment FundsNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTChange Implementation ManagerOther
- TPMobile DeveloperQLD
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- TPTest AnalystNSW
- CCFunctional Lead - ENUNSW
- CCSupport Analyst - Part timeQLD
- FTIntegration & BI Manager - C-levelNSW
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystQLD