Microsoft is moving to counter some scathing comments regarding a security paper authored by researchers at its Cambridge, England, facility.
Security - News
The new Firefox 3.0 anti-malware tool that debuted last week in Beta 3 is blocking users from reaching the Web sites for a pair of popular add-ons to the open-source browser.
A teenager identified by U.S. law enforcement officials only as B.D.H pleaded guilty last week to charges that he used botnets to illegally install adware on hundreds of thousands of computers in the U.S., including those belonging to the military.
A flaw in the way the Firefox and Opera browsers handle an image file could allow an attacker to see what Web sites a person has visited.
Aaron Weaver has made a discovery the world could probably do without: He's found a way to spam your printer from the Web.
The Web is scarier than most people realize, according to research published recently by Google.
Firefox 3.0's memory consumption is "dramatically improved," claimed Mozilla's chief engineer, because developers have aggressively attacked the open-source browser's notorious memory "leaks."
Using peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing applications on the job raises the risk that confidential data residing on a user's PC might be inadvertently exposed to a cybercriminal, says the head of a security vendor.
The update to Office 2004 for Mac that Microsoft released this week also patched a long-standing bug that erased messages, contacts and other information from Entourage 2004 accounts on Exchange mail servers, the company confirmed in a support docume...
The Hillary Clinton election campaign is being exploited in a spam message that tries to trick users into downloading a Trojan to their desktops by pretending to offer a link to a video of a Hillary Clinton campaign speech. "It's the first time we've...
Firefox 3.0's new anti-malware blocker, a tool that prevents some malicious pages from loading, is the browser upgrade's most important new security feature.
Just one day after Microsoft issued a massive set of security patches for its software, hackers have begun posting code showing how to exploit one of the flaws.
Why have a key to open your front door when you can have an RFID tag implanted in your arm to unlock the door? Ever since he was a young boy, Jonathan Oxer has been fascinated by manipulating electronic devices to his mischievous ends.
The FBI and the US Internet Crime Complaint Center today said that with Valentine's Day approaching, users should be on the lookout for spam e-mails spreading Storm Worm malware.
[[xref: http://www.microsoftsubnet.com|Microsoft]] Tuesday released 11 security patches, six with the highest rating of "critical" that span Windows, Office, and Internet Explorer, but some say it is a combination of two non-critical vulnerabilities ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- A vigilante hacker may have built a computer worm to protect the IoT
- Suspected CIA spying tools linked to hacks in 16 countries
- The iCloud hackers' bitcoin ransom looks like a fake
- WikiLeaks: CIA used bits of Carberp Trojan code for malware deployment
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCSystems Engineer (Netapp/Windows)NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant -10056987-001VIC
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTTest AdvertSA
- FTWindows Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- FTInfrastructure Architect - UrgentSA
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSAP ABAP Technical specialistACT
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsSA
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorNSW
- TPSystems EngineerQLD