Up to 40,000 Web sites have been hacked to redirect unwitting victims to another Web site that tries to infect PCs with malicious software, according to security vendor Websense.
Security - News
The latest attack to hit Twitter is a "security nightmare" and marks the first time hackers have taken to using the micro-blogging site for profit, a researcher said today.
Aerohive Networks has introduced for its wireless LAN products a pre-shared encryption key that it says is more secure and easier to administer than the option in enterprise Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2), the widely used industry specification for ...
A virus has reportedly disrupted Web-based e-mail services at the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation.
The Internet has brought new hope to reformists in China since the country crushed pro-democracy protests in the capital 20 years ago. But as dissidents have gone high-tech, the government in turn has worked to restrict free speech on the Internet, s...
U.S. President Barack Obama's announcement Friday of a new cybersecurity push by the U.S. government won widespread praise from the technology industry, with many people saying his attention to the issue is a major step toward better securing the nat...
For the third time in the last 90 days, Microsoft Corp. has warned that hackers are exploiting an unpatched critical vulnerability in its software.
Kaspersky Lab's latest mobile security software due to be released next week can wipe data with a text message command even if a thief has swapped out the phone's SIM card.
CIS issues free benchmark on iPhone security Kicker: Set of recommendations is designed to reduce attacks, help in erasing data By Matt Hamblen The nonprofit Center for Internet Security today released what it termed the industry's only consensus sec...
Twitter users have been tricked into divulging their login and password details to a Web site that then spammed their contacts.
US President Obama later this week will formally appoint a cyber czar to coordinate a national strategy for securing cyber space the Washington Post reported today.
Spammers seem to be working a little bit harder these days, according to Symantec, which reported Tuesday that unsolicited e-mail made up 90.4 percent of messages on corporate networks last month.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner has issued a practical guide to businesses and government agencies showing them how best to respond in the event of a personal information security breach.
Malware Wednesday crippled Windows-based computer systems at the U.S. Marshals Service, which hunts federal fugitives and operates the country's witness protection program, knocking the agency’s network offline.
An attack on the servers of a domain registrar in China caused an online video application to cripple Internet access in parts of the country late on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hackers use old Stuxnet-related bug to carry out attacks
- A vigilante hacker may have built a computer worm to protect the IoT
- Suspected CIA spying tools linked to hacks in 16 countries
- The iCloud hackers' bitcoin ransom looks like a fake
- WikiLeaks: CIA used bits of Carberp Trojan code for malware deployment
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- TPProject Manager. Enterprise wide IT ProjectsNSW
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- FTTeam Leader Application SupportVIC
- FTProcess Analyst - Green BeltVIC
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- CCICT Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTMobile Studio Lead/ Mobile UX LeadNSW
- FTProgram L&D Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT