We saw our first demo of Surviving Mars, the new city builder from Tropico devs Haemimont, and the takeaway? Death can come swiftly and silently on Mars—but that makes survival so much sweeter.
Science & Space
Everything asks you to contemplate your place in the universe by experiencing the point-of-view of hundreds of other creatures, plants, and objects.
On the shelves of a laboratory near San Francisco sit tanks and tanks of mysterious looking liquids. It's the Silicon Valley offices of UL, a product testing organisation previously known as Underwriters Laboratory, and these liquids play an important part in smartphone safety.
The robots are made from a number of rods and cables allowing them to easily adapt to moving through challenging terrains and making it much easier for them to be dropped onto the surface of planets than current rovers.
Dumping Moore's Law is perhaps the best thing that could happen to computers, as it'll hasten the move away from an aging architecture holding back hardware innovation.
Engineers at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida have installed a zip line to zoom astronauts to safety in case of an emergency during launch.
The PC industry has faithfully followed Moore’s Law since Gordon Moore first announced in 1965 that the density of transistors on a chip will double every year.
Many scientists agree that Moore's Law is dying, but Intel's clinging on to it for dear life. It has been Intel's guiding light to make chips smaller, faster and cheaper, and the company is now revisiting some of the metrics driven by observation.
With the Science Museum's Space Descent with Tim Peake now open to the public, we take a look at three recent VR space projects.
The test system, known as DevLoop, is located in the Nevada desert and built by LA-based company Hyperloop One, which hopes to begin testing the apparatus this year.
With a display that reaches up to 500", you can enjoy the latest 4K content, with superior image quality and a high contrast ratio. Lining up the picture is effortless using lens shift, optical zoom and keystone correction. It's easy to set up, stream content and get sound with built-in speakers or Bluetooth.
Toys for Boys
Get advanced, high-end features at an affordable price with this 4K PRO-UHD Epson EF-100 projector.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- 2 Samsung Galaxy A70 Australian review
- 3 Google Pixel 3a review: Less is more
- 4 Moto G7 review: The new gold standard for budget buyers
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Surviving Mars turns catastrophe into inspiration as humanity claws for the stars
- Fake heads and robot probes: testing smartphones prior to launch
- Shape shifting bots could be the key to planetary exploration
- It's time to dump Moore's Law to advance computing, researcher says
- SOS: Astronauts can make a quick getaway via a zip line
PCW Evaluation Team
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
- Google Pixel 4 XL review (2019): Full Resolution
- Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Show Off
- iPhone 11 Pro review: Identical looks, superlative cameras
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies