We’ve tested most of the TVs on the market recently and were keen to see how an “affordable” Home Theatre projector compared in day to day usage. Would it really be a viable TV-alternative for an Aussie home? Or does it only operate optimally in a ci...
Projectors - Features
Our Back to Business guide features a selection of products from our sponsors and editors, and gives you some useful pointers on the gear that can help you be more productive. It includes essentials for the office, stuff for executives, mobile gear t...
It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
Last month, LG announced the launch of its Laser Display, a short throw DLP display that projects 100in of full HD video onto a specially designed screen. While it's very much a niche product given its $8999 price tag, we were still keen to see what ...
After years of anticipation, the 2010 FIFA World Cup is finally set to kick off on 11 June in South Africa. This time around, the tournament is being followed by not only football fans around the world, but also by the global tech community.
For some people, watching the 2010 FIFA World Cup on an LCD or plasma television won't be enough. If you've got a dozen mates around to watch the game, perhaps you should opt for a home theatre projector that can create a massive 300in image with raz...
HP Australia has announced a new range of business products, including desktop PCs, notebooks and accessories. We take a look at some of the new offerings, which were unveiled at the HP 2010: Elevate roadshow.
LED projectors ditch the traditional power-sucking, bulky incandescent lamps of older projectors, instead using small, ultra-bright, energy-efficient light-emitting diodes. The use of LED technology has allowed manufacturers to shrink portable projec...
A rechargeable tote back, a smartphone bracelet, snow goggles with an integrated digital camera to record your triumphs and tragedies, and more
The holiday season is upon us, and now more than ever that means shopping on the Internet.
We take a look at the new range of stylish Acer touch-screen laptops, as well as a lightweight projector, a touch-screen LCD monitor and a desktop PC
Picking the right projector for your boardroom or showroom can be a confusing experience. Projectors have different sizes, resolutions and brightness levels. The appropriate projector will depend on the size and brightness of your environment, and th...
The 10 most interesting projectors available.
Acer has unveiled a digital video projector that offers brighter than average viewing.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
- Vivid Sydney 2012 gets some love from will.i.am
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSAP APO ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCSAP ISU Device Management ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- FTField Engineer - Hardware RolloutsNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTest AdvertSA
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCSolution Architect - Network Operations/Design - TelcoVIC
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- TPTest and Support AnalystQLD