Twitter's keeping more data about you, for longer, but offering more granular privacy tools in return.
Intel has told a court that MGT Capital Investments has gone ahead with the announcement of the “John McAfee Privacy Phone,” even though the company that proposes to change its name to “John McAfee Global Technologies” has previously said that it did not plan to launch products and services under the McAfee mark.
The U.S. National Security Agency will no longer sift through emails, texts and other internet communications from U.S. citizens that mention foreign targets under surveillance.
Windows 10 is still a privacy-invading operating system, but the improved settings in the Creators Update give you more information and control.
Twitter is suing the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and alleging the government is misusing an investigative tool as part of an internal witch-hunt to uncover who is behind a Twitter account that is critical of the immigration service.
A researcher has uncovered some 40 serious vulnerabilities in Samsung's code that could be remotely exploited by hackers.
Two GoFundMe campaigns have raised more than US$290,000 in an effort to buy the web browsing histories of U.S. politicians after Congress voted to allow broadband providers to sell customers' personal information without their permission.
A senior U.K. official is asking that law enforcement should be given access to encrypted messages on WhatsApp and similar services, a demand that is likely to fuel an ongoing debate over whether companies should create backdoors into their encryption technologies for investigators.
The U.S. Senate has voted to kill broadband provider privacy regulations prohibiting them from selling customers' web-browsing histories and other data without permission.
FBI director James Comey told a cybersecurity conference that “absolute privacy” has never been part of the nation’s privacy-security bargain. Ubiquitous strong encryption, he said, “shatters that bargain.”
A resolution introduced in the U.S. Senate on Tuesday aims to roll back privacy rules for broadband service providers that were approved by the Federal Communications Commission in October.
Did a toymaker ignore warnings about a data breach? That’s a key question swirling around Spiral Toys, a company behind a line of smart stuffed animals that security researchers worry can be easily hacked.
You can hide from casual observers, but a motivated person will see through your attempts at anonymization.
Australian Privacy Commissioner Timothy Pilgrim will not appeal a Federal Court decision that confirmed a ruling by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) limiting the ‘metadata’ Telstra is compelled to hand over to an individual if that individual requests access to it.
Privacy advocates are claiming in court that an FBI hacking operation to take down a child pornography site was unconstitutional and violated international law.
Get complimentary strategy guide here
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter rolls out new privacy tools as it ditches Do Not Track and expands data sharing
- Intel concerned about name of John McAfee’s privacy phone
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in US citizens' emails, texts
- Twitter sues the US government for demanding it unmask an 'alt' account
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Data EngineerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst, WealthNSW
- FTColdFusion DeveloperOther
- CCMaterial Outsourcing ConsultantVIC
- TPSAP Solutions Architect|Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Analyst/Delivery LeadOther
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- FTDocument ControllerSA
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- CCDevOps LeadVIC
- FTChange AnalystOther
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- FTFront End Developer (Mid-Level)Other
- CCEnterprise Change ManagerVIC
- FTSupport AnalystOther
- FTDelivery HeadWA
- FTScrum MasterOther
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCSAP ISU Device ManagementNSW
- FTMaster SchedulerACT
- FTSenior Microsoft SQL Designer/ArchitectOther
- FTPerformance TesterOther
- FTSplunk AnalystOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Contracts Administrator- Construction BackgroundOther