HP's Officejet J4580 All-in-One is the latest addition to the company's range of low-priced but effective multifunction printers. It has a basic design, with a more business-like look than HP's home-targeted Photosmart range.
Printers & Imaging - Reviews
The Brother MFC-290C is a basic inkjet multifunction printer fit for the home that also has some business-friendly features. Though its colour reproduction could be better when printing photos, the Brother MFC-290C is sufficient for printing document...
There are better options on the market than Brother's MFC-490CW multifunction printer, despite it offering accurate colour printing and good network connectivity.
Fuji Xerox's Phaser 3125/N isn't the prettiest of printers. Thankfully, it makes up for this with quick printing and decent quality. It is a step up from bargain bin monochrome laser printers.
Tame your Outlook email with this free add-on to organise your inbox
Digital Postman Pro is a straightforward program that allows you to put a document on your scanner (or load one from your hard disk), and then email it.
Dell's 3130cn Colour Laser Printer is a near-perfect starter printer for a small office or workgroup. It's extremely capable on all counts, and it has room to grow.
If A4 paper just isn't big enough, then Brother's MFC-6490CW might just be your next multifunction printer. It isn't the best or fastest A3 printer available, but the combination of features and its low running cost make it a tempting buy.
Brother's MFC-990CW has all the features and gadgetry anyone will ever need from a device the size of two stacked Yellow Pages. Just don't expect it to print quickly or at the best possible quality.
The HP ScanJet N6310 is a flatbed document scanner
Bullzip is an excellent free PDF printer tool
HP's Colour LaserJet CP2025dn is a mid-range printer with a small stature and fast print speeds. Photos won't dry properly when printed on glossy media, but for matte in-house marketing materials the printer is a viable choice.
There are number of good CD/DVD label designers on the market, but Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker is a cut above in terms of flexibility, learning curve, and ease of use.
The Dell 2130cn is an affordable and quite competent colour laser printer that can be directly connected to a PC using a USB port or plugged into a network thanks to its Ethernet adapter.
Canon's PIXMA MP980 multifunction is a refresh of its predecessor, the PIXMA MP970. This model adds an automatic document feeder, but slower print speeds and lower capacity ink cartridges ultimately make it an uninspiring product.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 2 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 4 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 5 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
- Ford Everest Trend RWD 3.2L Diesel review
- Ford Everest Trend in its natural habitat
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPTest Analyst - Web ApplicationsQLD
- FTApplication SupportOther
- FTTest Manager - Applications - NSW GovernmentOther
- CCRobotics Automation Designer (Pega) - Contract - Financial Services - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Analyst/Delivery LeadOther
- FTPMO Project AnalystOther
- FTManager, Cyber SecurityOther
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCJunior Business AnalystWA
- FTService Desk EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Network EngineerVIC
- CCCloud Engineer - AzureVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- TPETL DeveloperACT
- CCInformatica MDM ArchitectNSW
- FTSAP Utilities Functional LeadOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - PermVIC
- FTDesktop Support AnalystOther
- FTDrupal DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCOSS Engineer l Level 3 supportNSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- TPProject Manager - ApplicationsQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | SaaS FintechOther