HP's Officejet J4580 All-in-One is the latest addition to the company's range of low-priced but effective multifunction printers. It has a basic design, with a more business-like look than HP's home-targeted Photosmart range.
Printers & Imaging - Reviews
The Brother MFC-290C is a basic inkjet multifunction printer fit for the home that also has some business-friendly features. Though its colour reproduction could be better when printing photos, the Brother MFC-290C is sufficient for printing document...
There are better options on the market than Brother's MFC-490CW multifunction printer, despite it offering accurate colour printing and good network connectivity.
Fuji Xerox's Phaser 3125/N isn't the prettiest of printers. Thankfully, it makes up for this with quick printing and decent quality. It is a step up from bargain bin monochrome laser printers.
Tame your Outlook email with this free add-on to organise your inbox
Digital Postman Pro is a straightforward program that allows you to put a document on your scanner (or load one from your hard disk), and then email it.
Dell's 3130cn Colour Laser Printer is a near-perfect starter printer for a small office or workgroup. It's extremely capable on all counts, and it has room to grow.
If A4 paper just isn't big enough, then Brother's MFC-6490CW might just be your next multifunction printer. It isn't the best or fastest A3 printer available, but the combination of features and its low running cost make it a tempting buy.
Brother's MFC-990CW has all the features and gadgetry anyone will ever need from a device the size of two stacked Yellow Pages. Just don't expect it to print quickly or at the best possible quality.
The HP ScanJet N6310 is a flatbed document scanner
Bullzip is an excellent free PDF printer tool
HP's Colour LaserJet CP2025dn is a mid-range printer with a small stature and fast print speeds. Photos won't dry properly when printed on glossy media, but for matte in-house marketing materials the printer is a viable choice.
There are number of good CD/DVD label designers on the market, but Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker is a cut above in terms of flexibility, learning curve, and ease of use.
The Dell 2130cn is an affordable and quite competent colour laser printer that can be directly connected to a PC using a USB port or plugged into a network thanks to its Ethernet adapter.
Canon's PIXMA MP980 multifunction is a refresh of its predecessor, the PIXMA MP970. This model adds an automatic document feeder, but slower print speeds and lower capacity ink cartridges ultimately make it an uninspiring product.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- TPPMO LeadNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMWA
- FTTester AnalystACT
- CCProject Communications and Engagement SpecialistNSW
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTChange CoordinatorACT
- FTBusiness Development ManagerACT
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- FTAgile Scrum Master/TrainerNSW
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst -Port MacquarieNSW
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Business Analyst / Project Coordinator dual roleVIC