The Canon Maxify MB5360 presents itself as a classy looking all-in-one printer with a compact footprint and plenty of versatility. You can use USB, Ethernet, or Wi-Fi to hook it up in your small (or home) office, or you can make use of Wi-Fi direct or Cloud services and apps to print from mobile devices and remote locations. The print technology is inkjet, the recommended output is 1000 pages per month, and the overall efficiency of the printer is quite high.
Printers & Imaging
The Officejet 8620 is an inkjet-based, multifunction colour printer that is aimed at offices. We're talking about home offices or offices with a small workgroup, and offices that typically do a volume between 250-1500 pages per month.
The relatively compact size of HP's LaserJet M277dw is a little misleading. It's a laser-based multifunction colour printer with a gutful of new tech that aims to make it a more efficient performer in terms of speed and energy consumption. It's also heavier than it looks, so you'll probably need four arms and legs to move it from its box to its final resting place in your office.
Since the entry price for fully featured printers has come down so much over the last few years, buying a new printer is almost an impulse decision. Canon’s MX496 is one of the printers that fits the buying-before-researching scenario, but it does pay to know what you're getting yourself into with such inexpensive gear.
Orange. That's the colour of the Canon PIXMA MG7560 that we were sent to review, and it sure made some people in the office mad. "Great printer, but I want it in black", they said. Clashing home decor issues aside, the PIXMA MG7560 is indeed a great printer that can produce stunning quality for photographs and colour documents.
Epson calls this an "occasional A3 Multifunction Premium Photo Printer". And I am a reasonably talented -- on a good day -- amateur photographer, shooting a Canon EOS 7D DSLR camera with a variety of quality lens. 'Do we go together?' is the question.
Epson actually calls this multifunction printer a “small-in-one” device. It’s an accurate description considering that the unit consumes a square of less than 40cm on a desk (before its paper tray is extended), which makes it an ideal all-round printer for those of you who don’t want a space hog.
Buying a cheap printer such as the HP Envy 4500 e-All-in-One is, for some people, a spur-of-the-moment decision these days, but it still helps to know what you're getting into when buying a sub-$100 printer. The main selling point of this model (apart from being a printer, scanner and copier) is its ability to print your documents and photos from anywhere, as long as you are connected to the Internet.
Brother's MFC-J6920DW is an A3 multifunction centre (MFC) that's designed for those of you who won't always be printing from a computer, but also from mobile devices. It's an inkjet-based device aimed at businesses, and it a has a long list of features, some of which include the word 'cloud'.
The HP LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dw color laser multifunction lacks nothing in the way of hardware features. Its connectivity and paper handling are top-notch, though its capacity is just enough for a small workgroup (the printer's intended audience). It produces exceptional photo prints for the price, and its text is also quite nice. Its biggest drawback is its pedestrian speed.
Canon's new PIXMA MX516 is an inkjet multifunction printer aimed at home and small business users. It's got a good feature-set for a $139 printer: wireless and wired networking, an automatic document feeder, a fax and printing from iOS and Android devices.
Gear up for the long weekend with a smokin' plasma TV deal and more!
A multifunction device (MFD) -- also known as a multifunction printer -- lets you print, scan, photocopy, fax, and more. Most multifunctions will let you to carry out more than one of these tasks simultaneously.
Singing praises about a device that literally ‘sings’ – find out what this is all about.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
PCW Evaluation Team
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTDealing Room Support Analyst - IPC voiceNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerVIC
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystWA
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCDeployment Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTData Analyst | $51 p/hrVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 1 Support OfficerQLD
- TPNode.js DeveloperNSW
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- CCData ArchitectWA
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW