The Kyocera FS-1325MFP is a mono laser printer, colour scanner, colour photocopier and fax machine all rolled into one unit, and it's pitched at the home office and small business markets. It can be used via USB or Ethernet, and it's quite simple to set up and use. Don't expect good output though.
Printers & Imaging
The Samsung ML-2955DW monochrome laser printer is notable for its very low street price (US$150 as of February 8, 2012) and its full network connectivity, namely USB, ethernet, and Wi-Fi. Unfortunately, the expensive toner restricts it to low-volume use.
The Brother MFC-7360N is very speedy when it comes to running off text documents, thanks to a fast first page out time of around ten seconds and a high subsequent print speed of around 22 pages per minute in our testing. It's also got a built-in fax and scanner for copying or digitising documents, although the quality isn't quite up to the flatbeds in more expensive inkjet and laser printers.
The Brother HL-2270DW is a simple mono laser printer. Apart from wireless networking it doesn't have any fancy features -- it does a good job of printing monochrome pages quickly, with a fast time for the first page to be printed and quick overall print speeds. If simple document production is your main purpose and you won't be printing on specialty papers often, then the HL-2270DW is perfect.
The Fuji Xerox DocuPrint M205b is a multifunction LED printer with a 20,000 page per month duty cycle and toner cartridges that last for 1000 A4 sheets. It's cheap and it includes scanning and copying capabilities, making it attractive for small businesses that need to digitise or duplicate documents.
The Kyocera Mita FS-1320D mono laser printer is unlikely to match the feats of the all-conquering Kyocera FS-C5100DN, but it's a very competitive and flexible printer for anyone who values reliable mono printing over all else.
The HP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf is a multifunction monochrome laser printer with an inbuilt fax, scanner, copier and 35-sheet automatic document feeder. Its large input tray and high capacity regular toner cartridges makes it good for users that don't want to be constantly refilling paper or consumables. It has a low recommended monthly page volume, but unless you're running a paper-heavy medium business this shouldn't be a concern.
The Dell 5230dn monochrome laser printer may cost more up front, but its speed and expandability make it an excellent choice for a medium-size workgroup.
The HP LaserJet Pro P1102w is a basic monochrome laser printer with a few surprises, namely better-than-expected speed and Wi-Fi. Unfortunately, its pricey toner offsets its very affordable purchase price.
The Fuji Xerox Phaser 3160N is a budget monochrome laser printer. It doesn't have any multifunction features like scanning or copying, but for its $199 price you get a printer that’s simple to operate and maintain. It prints text documents quickly and clearly, but it does have a couple of flaws: it lacks a status screen and its printing of greyscale images is mediocre.
Need a collaboration tool for the modern office environment? Read this senior executive's review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLead Front End DeveloperOther
- FTETL DeveloperACT
- FTCommunications Specialist- Change / MarketingOther
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT RecruitmentOther
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Digital Producer | 6 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTField Engineers - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMid-Level Project Manager - IP and Voice ProductsOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst- Data Analytics backgroundOther
- CCSystems Engineers / Infrastructure EngineersNSW
- CCJava Developer- API &Micro servicesNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior Website AdministratorACT
- FTPortfolio Performance LeadOther
- FTIntegration Specialist / DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Wintel Engineer, VMware, SCCMOther
- CCData AnalystQLD
- FTChange Lead- Strategic Implementation & Transformation ProjectsOther
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantQLD
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther