Softening the focus helps hide wrinkles, age lines, and skin blemishes, but it can also be used to give a somewhat dreamy quality to any subject. Read on to find a few ways to add soft focus to your own pictures.
PC World Business
How to get the best photographic print results from your inkjet printer.
Although your 8 megapixel camera may take great shots, what's the point if you're never going to print them to their full potential? Read on to find out how to resize manually or with tools, for e-mail or for the Web.
Your photo archives are in danger as prints fade and the emulsion on slides and negatives dry out and deteriorate. If you want to be able to pass your photos on to future generations, you'll have to do it digitally. Scanning is the way.
A colour profile defines the range of colours that can appear in a digital photo. They've been developed to apply consistency to the way images are displayed. Read on to find out what type of profile you need to use to improve your digital photos.
Minimize noise and distortion in your photos with these tips.
Light can be a photographer's best friend and worst enemy. Which will it be for you? Read on to find out about the wonderful world of film speeds.
Capturing winter scenes can be tricky. Here are some tips to prepare yourself and your camera.
If your camera has a RAW capture mode, and you've been wanting to try it out, now is a good time. Using RAW means that your digital photos won't be processed and compressed while still in the camera. Learn some tips and tricks for getting the most ou...
Here's how to choose the best settings for shooting a glorious sunset.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Digital signature service DocuSign hacked and email addresses stolen
- The WannaCry ransomware might have a link to North Korea
- Paying the WannaCry ransom will probably get you nothing. Here's why.
- WannaCry attacks are only the beginning
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Security Analyst - TelecommunicationsOther
- CCData ModellerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTTechnical Director/Principal - Digital SolutionsOther
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorOther
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTCommunications & Change AnalystOther
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- TP.Net Developer - 5 weeks contract - START NOWQLD
- CCInstructional DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager Staff AugmentationOther
- CCPEGA Developers, Architects and Integrators - multiple requirementsACT
- TPData AnalystACT
- CCApplications Software EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCWindows 10 Defect ResolverWA
- TPSenior Server Engineer/System AdministratorWA
- FTSAP Payroll SMEOther
- TPSenior/Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- CCUnderground Communication Systems Specialist - Brisbane or AdelaideWA
- FTChange AnalystOther
- CCTechnical Specialist - Cloud ServicesVIC
- FTSenior Operations Support OfficerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW