Controlling the aperture on your camera will allow you to sharpen the focus of your subjects. In this Here's How we'll take you away from your camera's automatic mode and put you in control of your aperture and onto the path of shooting better pictur...
PC World Business
New digital photographers get a lot of blurry shots. Here's the fix.
Digital photography has made panoramic photography popular. Once only within reach of professionals using specialty cameras and arcane techniques, now we can all do it quite easily. Learn to better prepare images that will be stitched together.
Dodge and burn is a darkroom fundamental. It's been used by photographers for over a century to improve the exposure of photos. These editing tricks provide a unique boost after a picture has been taken.
A frame in the right color and style improves the look of a photo. This Here's How will look at some ways you can frame your photos while they're still on the computer screen.
Bracketing is the practice of taking several photos instead of just one, but varying the exposure a little in each shot. Learn this old photography pro's trick for dealing with light conditions.
With so many file formats in common use, how do you know which is the right one for you? We'll tell you the difference between lossy and lossless and how to choose between the two.
Learn about megapixels, compression, file formats, and putting it all together.
Depth of field is the region in a picture that's in sharp focus. So how do you control the depth of field in your own photos? It's easy, once you understand the three factors that contribute to depth of field: aperture setting, focal length, and the ...
White balance filters measure the quality of the light hitting the sensor in your digital camera and automatically adjusts the image so the colours in the final picture are consistent. Good balance yields better colour photos. Learn all about it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 3 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 4 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 5 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Net Neutrality: The July 12 Internet-Wide Day of Action protest and what to expect
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Wanawiki is the WannaCry fix that might save affected PCs—if you work fast
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- Google WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTInfrastructure Engineer| Dev background |Linux or Unix/Windows|Other
- TP.Net Developer - 5 weeks contract - START NOWQLD
- FTInstructional DesignerOther
- FTAGILE Implementation Manager ContractOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerceOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- CCSAP ISU - DM ConsultantVIC
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorOther
- CCTalend Open Studio Data Integration ConsultantNSW
- CCPEGA Developers, Architects and Integrators - multiple requirementsVIC
- TPTest CoordinatorQLD
- FTETL TesterACT
- FTProject OfficerOther
- TPSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Financial ServicesOther
- FTDevOps ManagerOther
- FTVesting and Decommissioning OfficerOther