Western Digital’s (WD) flash storage expansion drive has moved through yet another phase, with the storage vendor announcing it has completed its acquisition of Virident Systems for $US685 million.
Servers & Storage
WD today announced a new line of Sentinel Windows-based servers that make use of Intel’s Xeon CPUs. The news models are the WD Sentinel DS5100 and DS6100 (which are called the S Series), and they are an improvement over the company’s previous Sentine...
Agribusiness giant Monsanto is paying US$930 million to acquire the Climate Corporation, maker of a software platform that crunches weather-related data in order to help farmers more effectively grow crops.
Silicon Graphics International has acquired storage company, Filetek, as the server maker looks to provide customers with better control over petabytes of stored data in high-performance computing environments.
Intel has partnered with startup TSO Logic in a move that should give more companies tools to track how much power their server applications consume.
With new DDR4 memory, computers will be faster next year but users will likely pay a premium on the price of the technology.
Oracle is offering a series of new services that position it as a one-stop shop for all things cloud and directly target the likes of Amazon Web Services and Salesforce.com.
Seagate announced that it has sold more than 1 million drives using a new recording technology that will offer consumers 5TB hard drives next year and possibly 20TB drives by 2020.
Western Digital is continuing its acquisition spree of flash storage companies, announcing a definitive agreement to buy enterprise solid-state drive (SSD) vendor Virident for $US685 million.
Western Digital's NAS-optimised 'WD Red' drives are now available in 2.5-inch models at 750GB and 1TB, and a new 4TB model pushes up the maximum capacity of the existing 3.5-inch range.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Square expands Australian offering with Square Stand
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
- Seagate and Baidu sign strategic cooperation agreement for big data analysis
- NETGEAR 4G LTE Modem Keeps You Online
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTHelpdesk OfficerSA
- FTJunior / Mid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperOther
- TPICT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - IT Product and PlanningOther
- FTService Desk Technical LeadOther
- CCBusiness/System Analyst- (Human Capital Management (HCM) )NSW
- TPLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- TPAgile Coach & Jira + Confluence AdministrationNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerQLD
- FTPEGA ArchitectOther
- CCICT Desktop Support OfficerACT
- FTTechnical Architect/DeveloperOther
- FTHelpdesk AnalystOther
- CCXamarin Mobile DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PaymentsOther
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsACT
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW