More than 130 Android apps containing some malicious coding managed to infiltrate the Google Play store, possibly because the developers’ tools that built them were tainted, according to security researchers.
Google is asking developers to take over its effort to make end-to-end email encryption more user friendly, raising questions over whether it’ll ever become an official feature in the company’s products.
Securing the internet of things should become a major priority now that an army of compromised devices – perhaps 1 million strong - has swamped one of the industry’s top DDoS protection services.
Thursday's confirmed breach at Yahoo means that a treasure trove of stolen data is very likely circulating on the black market -- potentially putting millions of internet users at risk.
The FBI’s refusal to reveal how it accessed an iPhone 5c from the San Bernardino shooter will face scrutiny in court. USA Today’s parent company and two other news group have filed a lawsuit against the agency, demanding it turn over the details.
Google adds a feature to block email received in Gmail, and moves its unsubscribe feature to the Android Gmail app.
Users will soon start to see more ads on Twitter based on Web browsing activity, under a new program partly designed to leverage the site's popularity on mobile devices.
Attackers are exploiting a new and unpatched vulnerability in Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 that allows them to execute code with higher privileges than they have access to.
Facebook on Friday moved ahead with some proposed changes to its privacy policies to clarify that users' posts on the site can be used in advertisements, but that users have controls to limit their appearance.
A malicious software program found in ATMs in Mexico has been improved and translated into English, which suggests it may be used elsewhere, according to security vendor Symantec.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Conservative group takes credit for anti-net neutrality comments
- FCC hit with DDoS attacks after John Oliver takes on net neutrality
- Most U.S. households have ditched landlines for mobile phones
- US bill aims to quash Open Internet Order, prevent its return
- US appeals court won't rehear a challenge to net neutrality rules
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSenior Analyst - Rostering ProjectNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- FTProject Manager - ERP Experience NeededVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- FTDIRECTOR PROJECT DELIVERY, WELLINGTONNZ
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- TPSenior Integration OfficerQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTLevel 3 Service Desk Support Engineer / Project ManagerQLD
- CCABAP ConsultantACT
- FTPHP DeveloperNSW